• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tweaking my steering (for optimal on-road use)

OP
OP
Cvcoda

Cvcoda

Loc.
Omaha, NE
I can tell.
Good photo.
I am responding to save it.

That one shot really shows how the passenger arm is at a higher angle than the driver's. That's your issue homie. I have it too. But I think my front axle tubes might be twisting in the center section.....

How bad is yours? Any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Not sure if this applies to your particular set of C bushings but I figure I'll throw it out there just in case...

Myself and some others have had slight difficulties in trying to get the arms parallel using some blue bushings that have a circular nub molded in right in the center of the V. This nub tends to push against the ends of the wedges and cock the arm up or down slightly as it deflects when tightened together. once the nub is ground down or cut off the bushings fit and work great.
The typical black bushings found at most places don't have the nub and I've never had any issues getting the arms parallel with them.

OP
OP
Cvcoda

Cvcoda

Loc.
Omaha, NE
Not sure if this applies to your particular set of C bushings but I figure I'll throw it out there just in case...

Myself and some others have had slight difficulties in trying to get the arms parallel using some blue bushings that have a circular nub molded in right in the center of the V. This nub tends to push against the ends of the wedges and cock the arm up or down slightly as it deflects when tightened together. once the nub is ground down or cut off the bushings fit and work great.

The typical black bushings found at most places don't have the nub and I've never had any issues getting the arms parallel with them.

Interesting. I guess the only way to know would be to pull the bushings. If/when it gets to that point, I'll keep that in mind. Appreciate the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk