• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Decoding my VIN

OP
OP
R

Readhead

So got my Marti report have more questions than answers.... still no color and yes I became a contributor so I will post the report and a picture of my truck any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• F6FD31CD-9417-49DF-BCB8-8A59028CCA99.jpg
    F6FD31CD-9417-49DF-BCB8-8A59028CCA99.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20960931-5FD6-4A15-B3F9-E08D67C47FDA.jpg
    20960931-5FD6-4A15-B3F9-E08D67C47FDA.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 9BF06011-7DBB-4818-B37C-C9CAD0233902.jpg
    9BF06011-7DBB-4818-B37C-C9CAD0233902.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 17

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"Front and Rear Shoulder Harnesses"?????
And an oil-bath air cleaner as well.

I see it was ordered as a "Fleet" order. Did dealers do that for their buddies and good customers as well, or were those orders literally only for big customers with multi-vehicle orders?
With an oil-bath and the special order color, I'm thinking it was maybe for an oil-field rig, or perhaps even a government department.

Paul

OP
OP
R

Readhead

I have all the extra belts that go with it and the oil bath air cleaner .... it’s fuel injection now but it’s in my garage lol ... I pulled out the shoulder harnesses cuz it was just a little much they buckled the same as a lap belt but with no give

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Mine was a “Fleet” order. I tracked it back to the owner. He was a VP with an oil distribution company that owned the Whiting Brothers stations and motels along Route 66. He said he bought it thru the Ford dealer his company used and got the “fleet” discount. It wasn’t part of a traditional large volume fleet order but shows as fleet on the Marti.

OP
OP
R

Readhead

Well in hind sight I wish I had asked more of my PO he was the original owner and said it was not a typical bronco I have no clue what he did for a living I was young and dumb ...I paid him 1,700 cash towed it home put 50 dollar new second gear synchro in it and drove the crap out of it .... now a little older and wiser wondering where I should go from here lol

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
If you have paperwork with his name, google him. Find him or his family and see what you can find out. He may still remember you. It’s always fun to find out what kind of stories these things have in their past.....

OP
OP
R

Readhead

That was 25 years ago and a house fire later I know where he lived but the house has sold since ... heck I now live less than a mile from where I bought it

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Interesting finds on your Marti :)

Let's rule out some colors...............if it's one of the 69' colors. Have you looked up under the dash as far as you can with a flash light to see if it's the same color?

A Raven Black.........no
C Pure White...........no
D Tucson Gold.........no
E Skyview Blue.......no
F Arcadian Blue........no
G Chrome Yellow.......no
H Cordova.............no
J Rangoon Red........no
K Empire.................no
L Holly Green...................no
M Wimbledon White..........no
P Boxwood Green..............no
Q Brittany Blue Poly............no
R Diamond Green................no
T Candy Apple Red..............no
U Lunar Green...................no
V Diamond Aqua...............no
W Meadowlark Yellow...............no
X Marlin Blue.................no
Y Reef.................no
Z Federal Red
3 Calypso Coral
4 Twilight Green Poly................no
6 Pebble Beige.......................no
7 Harbor Blue......................no

OP
OP
R

Readhead

Calypso coral is close but all the variants of that I have seen are more red ... the original was far more orange