• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pass. Rockers: Looking for detailed threads with pics

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
As the title says..........and I mean both inner and outer.

The LAST thing I ever wanted to do, I mean the LAST thing, was replace an outer rocker panel. But I think I'm there if I want to do it right.

So would appreciate some threads with clear steps detailed pictures of anything and everything related, especially at the rear door post.

Sigh.

- jim

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Before you remove the rocker panel scribe a line in the door jamb where the lower door edge and the ledge on the rocker meets the door posts. That way when you put the new rocker in place you line up to those lines and your door gap will be where the factory put the rocker. You will have to dig out the seam sealer there to get the mark in the right place.

Make sure your door openings are plum and level before you start. Make sure you put the fender and door back on and test fit before you weld everything up solid.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
^X2. The other things are:
1) if you're using aftermarket ones, even the factory stamped", they're going to be too long. Decide which end you want to cut down. I did the fronts, finding it easier
2) test fit with doors still on by using screws to hold it in place. My new ones were ever so slightly bent inwards at the top so when I put the weather stripping in, the doors came out past the rocker by 1/8 inch. And it wasn't just the weather stripping, the top of the rocker was bent in.
It's not a hard job, just measure twice and weld once.