• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heater box reseal

1963hotrod

Loc.
Oroville
I am rebuilding my heater since it is out. I have replaced the cage and motor with the bigger unit. New heater core as well. How do you reseal the flappers inside the box? Do I have to drill out the rivets and take it completely apart or is there an easier way?

fosgate150

The kit I bought had the new felt for the flappers. I didn't want to drill the rivets so I taped off parts, used contact spray glue, and paint stir paddles to work the new felt into place.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I didn't take it apart either. I used 3M Super 90 spray adhesive it is higher temperature rated over Super 70 Available at Home Depot.

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i drilled my rivets out. i also used some weatherstrip between the halves when i bolted them back together.

Hank

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I drilled mine out and used button head stainless screws with stainless ny-locs.
No one will see it when it is back in place...

Attachments

• DSCN3897.jpg
    DSCN3897.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 63