• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lost my companion yesterday...

OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
Wow,

I really don't know what to say to all of of you? So many kind words have been written here today. My family and I cannot be more grateful for this community.

NC-Fordguy,

That poem choked me up half through it. Was reading it out loud for the family. Dam emotions got the best of me. Thank you for posting that link!

Thank you all again for the support.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I just saw this and am very sorry about your baby, he was beautiful. These pets are our guardian angels as well as Best Friends, I will say a prayer for Harley, and for you and your family. Jim

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Northwest Suburbs, Chicago
I'm so sorry. It sounds like he went peacefully. Don't ever forget how you and your Family provided that great friend with a terrific home and love. In return, he gave you his companionship, loyalty and love. You will always miss that friend but you'll never have any regrets because you gave him all he needed, and so much more.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
At least it went in it’s sleep. I don’t know if you’ve ever done it. But having to take a pet to the vet to be put down is one of the longest rides of your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had to do that with our lab and the ride back home to his resting place:cry:
so sorry for your loss Nemi

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What a handsome guy....I have a sign that reads “time spent with animals is added to your life”. They give so much, and only look for a kind word or touch in return.

I hope you find comfort in all the happy times you shared and memories made. Harley had a good life with your family, and when the time is right - would want you to share the same with another lucky pup.

OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
I really can't thank you all enough for the responses here today. Just reading these replies has given me some peace in knowing that I am certainly not alone when it comes to the loss of their four legged companions.

While my kids didn't get to enjoy Harley like my wife and I did my son is pretty sad over his passing as well. He is nearly 9...

Anyhow, thank you all so very much!

Cheers,

Nemi

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I was just there myself - lost my 14 year old dog almost a month ago. It is tough, I still have moments where I find myself doing things for my dog (opening the back door, or looking over to his corner where his bed used to be) and it stops me in my tracks.

I am sorry; it is not easy and everybody handles it differently. It really sucks.

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, that's a tuffy. It does get better but we always miss them......

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
Wow,

NC-Fordguy,

That poem choked me up half through it. Was reading it out loud for the family. Dam emotions got the best of me. Thank you for posting that link!

Thank you all again for the support.

My pleasure. Hopefully it added a silver lining to a sad situation.

The wife and I never had kids so dogs became the kids. We lost a few over the years and if I can offer some advice............

When your ready, visit a shelter or two or three. Somewhere in one of those shelters is a dog who is scared and hoping he will find a forever home. While the dog can never replace Harley, he can help fill a void, and he too will find a piece of yours and your families heart

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
I hear you man, my golden who’s pictured on my page sitting next to my bronco never got a chance to ride shotgun either as he passed away last summer! It’s tough for sure, hang in there!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
They are just like family, that's for sure.. like you lost a kid

OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
Thank guys for the continued kind words. Just reading these has been a huge help!

NC-,

My wife and I discussed this very thing the other day. Not so much shelters but replacing the void. Definitely not there yet but I imagine one day it'll be a must. I know that Harley wouldn't want it any other way.

Shelters are a good idea so thank for that as well!

Cheers