• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Unwrecking a bronco build

suckerpunched

Well it was over 5 yrs ago when i brought my father in laws wrecked bronco home to build with my son. Now that my son is almost 12, we decided to get going on it. It was a nice bronco before it was wrecked. Original paint uncut, just a little rust in the floor. Well that all changed, Our frame was diamond shaped and buckled in several places. We needed alot of parts, so i wound up buying a parts bronco. Eventually also bought a 91 lincoln MK VII that i drove home and pulled the engine and trans out of. picked up a WH 3.5" lift kit and a cheap set of wheels and tires from Craigslist and started putting it all together. So this where we are right now. Not exactly a ground breaking build but thought i would post it anyway. We are getting ready to pull the wrecked body from the wrecked frame and start in. The body tub and lower half of the doors will be used. but the top, door tops, windsheild frame, dash, and everything in front of the firewall is junk. So here it is My first build post, got my fingers crossed that pictures are going to work.

Attachments

• broncoatmyhouse.jpg
    broncoatmyhouse.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,793
  • rollingchassis1.jpg
    rollingchassis1.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,574
  • rollingchassis2.jpg
    rollingchassis2.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 1,639

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Good luck. Sad to see such a nice Bronco wrecked. :cry: looking forward to watching it rescued.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Totally cool, what's the vehicle with the tracks on it

OP
OP
suckerpunched

suckerpunched

It's a Cushman Trackster, they were made in the eary 70's. miniature rubber track snow cat that can run on any terrain. Ran across it a couple yrs ago and had to have. Huge fun drive, its hydrastatic and can spin around in one place has a single joy stick control. push/ pull for forward reverse and twist to turn.

Well maybe not any terrain but blacktop, snow, water and mud are all pretty fun

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Welcome and good luck with your build. Looks like your off to a good start. We'll be watching your progress.

Fred

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Awesome looking frame! Other than being wrecked, the Bronco looks pretty solid! Good luck and keep us updated with plenty of pics!

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Far from a wreck in my book. Great platform for a father / son project. He'll be grinning even more when he is driving it!

I noticed the Trackster too. Cool looking rig!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Very cool Dad..!! Good luck with the project, I'm sure it'll be great.

huntersmky

Loc.
Madison, MS
I can't wait to start a build with my son(3 now). I purchased him a half cab about a year ago. It needs lots of work, but the body is fairly straight. Going to put it in the barn until he gets old enough to help dad with it. He loves my 77 half cab, and I can't wait to have two in the family.

My buddies dad and him built a jeep when he was 12-13 years old. They have some good memories from that build and some that money can't buy anywhere. Good luck to you on this project. I'm excited for yall. be sure to take lots and lots of pics

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
that is the best way to build the frame/running gear. body is not in the way.
looks good.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I like where this one is going.

You going to be able to fit that uncut or are you planning to cut it?

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I like where this one is going.

You going to be able to fit that uncut or are you planning to cut it?

Looking at those big tires and 3.5" SL I bet he's gonna cut it. Looks great though - love those wheels!

OP
OP
suckerpunched

suckerpunched

I gave my son the choice to cut or not cut. He says were cutting it. I got the wheels and tires locally and they came with 33x12.50's. probably will put 35's on it when it's driveable. My sons already planning out his Rubicon, and Dusy Ershim trips. My jeep wouldnt make it but looking forward to having a vehicle it the family that will.

OP
OP
suckerpunched

suckerpunched

If it was still original i would have a hard time being the one to cut it, but i love em both ways. I cut a buddys 68 for him about 15 yrs ago, he bought it from the original owner, with like 60k miles on it. Had to ask twice before i made the first cut if he really wanted to cut it.