• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shipping question

Bronco John

I have a guy that's willing to give me this lift and just wondering if anybody had a quess as to what shipping would cost or what size box and weight I'd be looking at? Also who is cheapest place to ship from? It's going coast to coast pretty much.

1. 5.5" lift coils 2ea
2. 5.5" shocks 8ea
3. Add a leaf 2ea
4. Lift blocks 2ea
5. Steering stabilizers 2ea

Casey4wd

Loc.
Austin, Texas
There might be a cheaper solution, but Fastenal will ship from store to store as long as it fits and is secure on a pallet. Typical cost is $150.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Our daughter moved back out west from Groton CT to Los Angeles with her stuff on 40"X 48"X 50" pallet. Fastenal to Fastenal for $175.00, 2 years ago, they even helped her stack and wrap the pallet. Of course she is a 26 year old tall Blond with big boobs. They seem to get extra service and prices that normal human beings don't get. She was driving back and they beat her to LA.

One thing that was difficult, once the pallet arrives they call you and you have to get over there right away. You have no way of knowing when it arrives. It gets there when it gets there. In her case it was 4 days.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Our daughter moved back out west from Groton CT to Los Angeles with her stuff on 40"X 48"X 50" pallet. Fastenal to Fastenal for $175.00, 2 years ago, they even helped her stack and wrap the pallet. Of course she is a 26 year old tall Blond with big boobs. They seem to get extra service and prices that normal human beings don't get. She was driving back and they beat her to LA.

One thing that was difficult, once the pallet arrives they call you and you have to get over there right away. You have no way of knowing when it arrives. It gets there when it gets there. In her case it was 4 days.

Is your daughter single? asking for a friend ;)

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Crated? Boxed? FedEx Ground has always been the cheapest when I checked but thats in a box

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Before you spend money on a "good deal" John, and it is a good deal(!), do you really want to saddle yourself with a ton of custom work and the hassle of getting a short wheelbase vehicle like a Bronco to handle even passably well on the street?
If you're ready for that, and your family does not mind climbing up into, or using step stools to get into your weekend rig, then it's still a good deal.

Now that I've gotten that partially out of the way, there are certainly those here that have that setup and more, and love it. But I'm going to say that they're few and far between, and by far the minority here.
If you lift a Bronco more than 3.5" then there is not much off-the-shelf stuff you can get to make it handle right. That much lift is really for bigger tires, more ground clearance, and/or cool looks. But not for driving.

Just giving you a heads up in case you were not aware of the pitfalls of modifying an Early Bronco. And especially those when you go beyond a certain point.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And if it's a member here that's giving you the stuff, great on them, and sorry if I threw any wrenches in their works.
But it sounded from your other thread that you're new to Broncos, so it had to be said.

Paul

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Is your daughter single? asking for a friend ;)

Yes and deservatively so. Got lots of money to throw away, like country music, drinking, swearing and can take a back seat to her opinion. She can't get along with anyone for more than 3 months. Spoiled rotten princess. Never a dull moment.

Set her up if you don't like your friends. Stepdaughters gotta love'm

OP
OP
Bronco John

Bronco John

Before you spend money on a "good deal" John, and it is a good deal(!), do you really want to saddle yourself with a ton of custom work and the hassle of getting a short wheelbase vehicle like a Bronco to handle even passably well on the street?
If you're ready for that, and your family does not mind climbing up into, or using step stools to get into your weekend rig, then it's still a good deal.

Now that I've gotten that partially out of the way, there are certainly those here that have that setup and more, and love it. But I'm going to say that they're few and far between, and by far the minority here.
If you lift a Bronco more than 3.5" then there is not much off-the-shelf stuff you can get to make it handle right. That much lift is really for bigger tires, more ground clearance, and/or cool looks. But not for driving.

Just giving you a heads up in case you were not aware of the pitfalls of modifying an Early Bronco. And especially those when you go beyond a certain point.

Paul

Mine has 3.5" as you've seen in my other thread with 33's and its pently of height I just kinda wanted it for the 10 shocks but they probaly won't work with a 3.5" lift??

OP
OP
Bronco John

Bronco John

Yes and deservatively so. Got lots of money to throw away, like country music, drinking, swearing and can take a back seat to her opinion. She can't get along with anyone for more than 3 months. Spoiled rotten princess. Never a dull moment.

Sounds like my wife. Honey if you're on here I'm just kidding, you don't swear.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...I just kinda wanted it for the 10 shocks but they probaly won't work with a 3.5" lift??

Wow, that is one heck of a deal for sure. Perfect for a parts-pack-rat. But no, they likely would not fit your 3.5" lift. But that would depend on what mounts they were using on the other Bronco. Most mounts would not have shocks with that kind of range and you'd need to go shorter for yours.
But, that's not to say that some shocks don't cross over. We see it all the time where one shock might not fit the front, but is perfect for the rear. Stuff like that.

If you have part numbers or dimensions and mount types, you can confirm what they fit.

Paul

OP
OP
Bronco John

Bronco John

I think I am a pack rat but I don't think it's worth spending $150 plus on parts I don't really need when there's so much stuff I do need. Thank you for making me come to my senses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Ha ha, the first 3 qualities are great, the last one might be a deal breaker!

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Save your money for the right parts. Next spring my old rancho 5000s are changing to new Bilstiens. Get your front end set up first, and then figure out something for the rear. If you don't stay focused you'll have parts you don't need and nothing will be done right. Good luck