• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Demon Off-Road carb

74bronc

Bronco Guru
Demon is releasing a new off-road version of their carburetors. This was mentioned in a thread a week or so ago, so I did some research. Here is the press release:

Barry Grant, Inc. is introducing a new range of truck carburetors with cfm ratings from 525 to 850. Available in Road, Speed, or Mighty versions, the Demon Trucker performs impressively both on and off the asphalt, and behaves particularly well at high angles of roll or pitch making it ideally suited to rock crawling. All of the Trucker models are equipped with four-corner idle-metering circuits and a vacuum-secondary pod fitted with a quick-change spring to control the opening rates of the secondary throttle plates.

In addition, the Demon Trucker is equipped with:
· Single inlet for simple plumbing
· Side-hung float bowls and .110” spring-loaded needle-and-seat assemblies for better fuel control
· Custom check valves in the metering circuitry to prevent fuel siphoning when the vehicle is at extreme angles (rock crawling, etc)
· Custom crossover vent tube to help prevent fuel from leaking from the float bowls.
· Manual or electric choke on Road & Speed series only
Tuning parts interchangeable with other makes

Attachments

• demon.jpg
    demon.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
74bronc

74bronc

Bronco Guru
kwspony said:
did they quote a price yet?
no idea on the price yet or an actual retail release. I am assuming the price will be in the same neighborhood as the Holley Truck Avenger as that is their main competition. I don't know a whole lot about Demon carbs, but I am tempted to try this one and see how it works.

mountainview68

Loc.
yet to be determined
I'll be in line for one of these. I ran a regular road demon on my last Bronco with a 351 and it was great!!! My father in law liked it so much he put one on his small block ford powered austin healy.

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
Looks and sounds a lot like the Truck Avenger to me. I have not had my hands on a Demon yet, but they all appear to be very Holley like. BG probably tunes the fuel circiuts a little different than Holley that is why people like them. Most Holleys are tuned to the rich and in some cases very rich side for engine safety.

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
B&G are Superb carbs, you can order them now with all these features or atleast thats what I was quoted last year before they just created a line for them as Offroad Series. They go through a great way of setting up the carb taylored with your drive train. PS I will own one if not two ;D

The B&G carbs run from $360.00 to $700.00, What I have seen for sale in offroad was $360.00 or so, $700.00 if you were planning to put your EB in orbit or skip across the rocks and streams on the trail~

Heres a general copy of the email and reply

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can B&G Carbs be used offroad and in angles? which
series? Thanks Kevin

QUESTIONNAIRE APPLICATION INFORMATION

USE: Off Road and High way

ENGINE

Mfg:Ford

Cubic Inch:351 Windsor

Compression Ratio 9.0:1

HEADS

Mfg: Ford 2v stock

Ported Yes

INDUCTION

Mfg: Polished and Ported Holley idle-5500 rpm, dual plane, non egr

Model:

Type: Dual Plane

Ported No

CAMSHAFT

Mfg:Ford Stock 351W cam

P/N

Flat Tappet Mechanical

Intake Lift

Duration Advertised

Duration @ .050"

Rocker Ratio

Exhaust Lift

Duration Advertised

Duration @ .050"

Rocker Ratio
IGNITION: Stock

Brand

Timing @ Idle

Timing @ Full Advance

EXHAUST

Exhaust Manifolds(currently purchasing headers)

Primary Size

Collector Size

Pipe Diameter 2 1/2

Muffler Type: Flow Master

Muffler Size

FUEL SYSTEM

Gas

Pump Type: Electric

Pump Size

Regulator

Type Ford

VEHICLE Bronco

Type:SUV

Wt. 4450 lbs. GVRW,by itself weighs 3750 lbs

Transmission Auto C6

Number of Gears 3

Trans Brake No

Stall Speed

Rear Tire Size 35"X 15
Gear Ratio 3.50

NITROUS:N/A

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On this combination we'd recommend using a 625 Road Demon Jr. P/N
6282010VE. With the side hung style float bowls on these carburetors
they work extremely well in off road, and rock crawler applications.

Thank you

Technical Support

http://www.barrygrant.com/

Barry Grant, Inc.
BG Fuel systems, Demon Carburetion, Nitrous Works, Rush Performance
Filters

1450 McDonald Road
Dahlonega, GA 30533

Phone (706) 864-8544
Fax (706) 864-2206

Mon to Fri 8am to 6pm EST

Last edited: