• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ok, newbie here, but been reading everywhere and...

F1LOCO

I've got a question. I know on multiple forums there has been some RockyRoad bashing for their pricing and product returned. Question I have is if you run into one of their products a few years later for 1/2 price, in the 12-15 range, is it a worth while venture, or would you just stay away?

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Those guys had a reputation of being in the turd polishing business. I would think if you know what your looking at, you'll be able to tell rather quickly. Lots of good deals lately. 12-15K should about be a turnkey truck.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Those guys had a reputation of being in the turd polishing business. I would think if you know what your looking at, you'll be able to tell rather quickly. Lots of good deals lately. 12-15K should about be a turnkey truck.

X2 you would be amazed at what stuff is going for, I just picked up an astonishing project X for pennies :cool:

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, i would say a 12-15 truck right now would definately be a turn-key truck if not a very capable offroader and/or reliable daily driver with a little extra on the bling side.

OP
OP
F

F1LOCO

Turn was my thoughts, as I've got too much stuff going on these days to complete a resto. On that note, I don't want to lay out that range, and end up stripping in two-three years again... :)

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You could probably pick up a turn-key street truck (maybe not a full resto which their product wasn't to begin with anyways) for the 5-7 range with no real issues lately. I guess it all depends on what exactly your looking for.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Yep what all others have said...right now a $15K truck has to be nearly show quality. These things are getting cheaper every day.