• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NP435 / three speed - w/D20's - side by side pics

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just thought I'd post these here for some reason.
In the process of a swap....
That 435 looks just a bit beefier ehh?

Attachments

• IMG_1883 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1883 (Large).JPG
    135 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1884 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1884 (Large).JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1885 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1885 (Large).JPG
    129 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1886 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1886 (Large).JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1887 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1887 (Large).JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 87

idahobronc

Loc.
ketchum,Idaho
I had the same revelation when I did my swap.Its a Nice feeling to know you upgraded your tranny X10.Although it was not funny trying to get that monster in by myself!

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
That NP435 conversion is one of the best drive train mods any bronco owner can do if they use their rig off road. I love mine & I bet you will love your also.;)

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh , I agree , the 435 is coming out of (what will be ) my mall crawler and going into the (new to me) trail rig.

That granny gear is the shiz-nit offroad. I hung pretty well with the big guys , and all I brought was 2" lift , open diffs , 33" A/T's , EFI , and that 435.
I can't wait to see how a 351 , 435 , spooled rear and locked front ,Dana 60's (f&r) with 42"s with Stauns works. First run of the season is the 18th ....getting pumped.

450rbronco

what about overall length will it require drive shaft length mods to work right

Rockin69er

what about overall length will it require drive shaft length mods to work right

Same lenth as the 3 speed:cool: ;D :cool: Greatest non-overdrive manual swap ever. The T-18 is only 1 inch longer than the 3 speed, next greatest swap.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
If you do any offroading at all, this is above and beyond all others the best swap you can do. I have one buddy with a 75 EB w/435, and another with cj5 with a t-18. I had a c4. When we were wheeling, they would go all day in 1st gear while I was in 4-lo, and if it got bad enough for them to go to 4lo I was out of luck. After the swap I'm in heaven! It helps that 75% of the vehicles I drove throughout my life was old ford trucks with the NP435, so I already knew what to expect. I am kinda interested in the low gear kit for the d20, but think I could live without it.

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
HEEEEEEYYYYY wait a minute. Size doens't matter that much!!!!! Well at least that's what I tell the wife.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was swapping from one Bronco to another. One of the bell housings had two bolts sticking out where the clutch lever pivots. Those two bolts would've caused interference with the 435 , so I had to swap the bell housings also.
I can take some pics tomorrow night or the next if you need them.

and yes , the 435 is the shiznit with the granny gear. I usually use lo range all the time and just use the higher tranny gears if the trail is smooth for a portion. If I were gravel roading it , then yea , hi transfer , but it is a trail only rig , not streetable.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
If you go with a manual tranny, the NP435 is the best off-road.

I rode with got-broncos a couple weeks ago, and down steep inclines he would just creep down in low gear with absolutely no brakes! I could have stepped out of the truck and walked down faster, but it was so steep I would have just tumbled down the hill.

Too bad I'm an Automatic guy. I'm not a fan of dancing with my feet.