• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 Bronco - Build In The Works

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Everything works well. Most importantly NO rust at all. What you see in the exhaust pics Is remnants of the Arizona red clay.

I will go through the whole truck. Nothing "needs" replacing, I can't keep anything stock.

capt. bronco

Can you do a sound clip of that exhaust system? Idling and stepping on the accelerator would be great!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice work...

I got the exhaust system installed today. Complete job took about 2 1/2-3 hours at the exhaust shop. I already had the old exhaust completely removed, the BC headers were installed already and my muffler of choice in hand. (Gibson Superflow 758219)

I really like the clean look of the 2-into-1 exhaust system. It keeps all the heat away from fuel lines and wire harness going down the driver's side Frame rail. The Gibson muffler even fit nicely into the original Muffler Heat Shield.

The BC headers are connected to 2 1/2" Pipe on each side. The Gibson muffler has dual 2 1/2" Inlets and One 3" Outlet at stock location. There is NO drone, Popping or crackle at all at any RPM with this system. Just a nice deep V8 sound. It's the 5th one I have had installed. Same exhaust system on a 347, two 351Ws and an AMC 360.

I also had an 02 Bung installed for the Future EFI system.

As you can seen from the pics, the exhaust system is very simple, tucks up really nice (as seen from the side), has plenty of clearance and sounds great. Highly recommended.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sprdv1 - Thanks. The exhaust turned out nice.

Next is to prep the interior tub and send over to LineX. I prefer their system to others and their color match is always perfect. I will install new body mounts while I am at the floors.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Your killin me Rguest, I need another just to hang with you. That looks really solid.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Like the tires and wheels, I will continue to do upgrades and refurbish parts while still being able to drive it. At some point I will lift the body off, redo the rolling chassis and have the exterior repainted.

Of course the list will continue to grow as it always does.

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sprdv1 - Thanks. The exhaust turned out nice.

Next is to prep the interior tub and send over to LineX. I prefer their system to others and their color match is always perfect. I will install new body mounts while I am at the floors.

Good deal. a fan of line x here as well.

One thing at a time brother..

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just received the WH 2.5" Suspension Lift #3 with the Bilstein Shocks. This has been my lift of choice for some time now. I have an adjustable Trac Bar and Y-to-T steering Linkage to install too.

If need be, I will install the WH 1" Body Lift for hood to motor clearance.

I will start installing the Suspension Kit this week and hopefully all fours will be on the ground again by the end of the weekend.

I should have a Rancho Lift Kit With Rear Blocks available by Monday. Come and get it, if you want it.

JB Fab Twin-Sticks are on the way too. Those are next.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got the WH 2 1/2" Suspension Lift #3 Installed this weekend. Other than a pesky Shackle Bolt, everything else went on pretty smoothly.

It seems to me that the 76-77 Broncos had the rear spring perches mounted different than the earlier models. I have rebuild 5 so far and all prefer the 6' Shims on the rear.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I also removed the side auxiliary fuel tank. I will use the front fuel door to hide a quick connect for an Air Tank mounted where the side fuel tank was.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not yet... The list is getting longer though.

Body mounts need to be replaced...... Take body off???

It never ends.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think a hair higher in the rear than before. Slight rake. The new leaf springs will settle even after jumping up and down on the rear bumper a couple times. Almost perfectly level from side to side. 1/8" difference.

The ride quality with the new WH suspension is a night and day difference. Highly recommended.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I installed the New Body Mounts this afternoon. I think replacing Body Mounts is my number 1 PITA project for these Broncos.

Anyway, more progress.

crab

Bronco Guru
On the similar path fixing and driving a new to me 77. However I do need to replace the front floor pans. They're just starting to rust through but going to replace the entire pan so it looks original. Who has the best pan out there?