• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Texas Bonded title.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
OK Guys we've discussed how to get titles before.
I've found a GUY in Ft Worth TX. that I called today .
He says .. $100.00 to fill out your paper work .. His place is the Bonding ins agency & 25.00 to go across the street & Fill the paper work . & After he get's the paper work back from them .. He'll send it to me & All I have to do is take it to my local DMV . & DO my usual work About 65 to maybe 75.00 more dollars & I'm good to go.
.... Any one else used a company like this . Last place I CHECKED WAS ABOUT $800.00 ..
... this sound like this would be a company that I'd not mine giving 200.00 buck to for my title.
... & I believe it take 3 years to work off the Bonded issue labeled on the title.
.....Any one use a company like this . I've left the guys card i my truck So I'll have to find it tomorrow & GET YOU INFO IFYOUR INTERESTED.
kID I talked to was very easy to talk to.
... Also I'll not be back around until Sunday night .. As I have my 50th class reunion to go to this weekend .
... I'll be lubricated this weekend.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll be lubricated this weekend.

I get the feeling "lubricated" is not the proper word....

otherwise, lol, that's good info, Pa. Let us know how it works out. Us Texas folks need someone to run to for this kind of stuff.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought mine in Texas and the DMV said with older cars not in the computer, pre computer coded vins, DO NOT TRUST anything, get to a DMV or use a car dealer to be sure.

Or I take it you know already you need a bonded title?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I paid $50 for a bonded title in Ms. about 25 yrs ago for a car that was left at my ole pappy's shop.

la hi

I recommend that you take all of your paperwork and the vin number or plate to the TX DMV office and ask them what to do. I have had two experiences with the dmv and they work out the best and least expensive.. Of course if the bronco shows up stolen, you may loose.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
DMV told me they don't handle the bonding stuff. You bring the paperwork to them and they process it after you've got the bond.

however, you can have them check the vin to see about a previous owner, but it only works if it's bought in state, and has been registered within the last 10 years. Might cost a few bux too. But if you find the owner, you can risk having them write an affidavit stating that they transfer all interest in the vehicle to you. Of course, this could backfire too.... they may find themselves with a vehicle they can get a copy of title and somehow "retroactively" maybe claim it as stolen???

tirewater

Contributor
Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
I did a quick read up on the TX dmv site. After you fill the paperwork, and it gets accepted, you still have to buy the Surety Bond for 1.5x the value of the vehicle. The cost of the bond can be from 1%-10% of that calculated value. So the initial $800 quote is probably not that far off - but it depends on what Texas thinks your vehicle is worth.

OK Guys we've discussed how to get titles before.
I've found a GUY in Ft Worth TX. that I called today .
He says .. $100.00 to fill out your paper work .. His place is the Bonding ins agency & 25.00 to go across the street & Fill the paper work . & After he get's the paper work back from them .. He'll send it to me & All I have to do is take it to my local DMV . & DO my usual work About 65 to maybe 75.00 more dollars & I'm good to go.
.... Any one else used a company like this . Last place I CHECKED WAS ABOUT $800.00 ..
... this sound like this would be a company that I'd not mine giving 200.00 buck to for my title.
... & I believe it take 3 years to work off the Bonded issue labeled on the title.
.....Any one use a company like this . I've left the guys card i my truck So I'll have to find it tomorrow & GET YOU INFO IFYOUR INTERESTED.
kID I talked to was very easy to talk to.
... Also I'll not be back around until Sunday night .. As I have my 50th class reunion to go to this weekend .
... I'll be lubricated this weekend.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I have done the bonded title thing twice in TX. Did both at same time--one for a bronco and one for my car hauler trailer. Found a local service that handles the surety bond. Believe they cost me about $150 each. Waited two years, and got clean titles--neither previous owner tried to get them back.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did a quick read up on the TX dmv site. After you fill the paperwork, and it gets accepted, you still have to buy the Surety Bond for 1.5x the value of the vehicle. The cost of the bond can be from 1%-10% of that calculated value. So the initial $800 quote is probably not that far off - but it depends on what Texas thinks your vehicle is worth.

Texas DOES have a database that they'll search for an estimated vehicle value if you don't claim something significant on the title transfer application. You put $300, they'll call it 1000-3000... sux. And if you don't transfer the title within 30 days of the date on the title, they charge you $25/day penalty fee.

DC_Gearhead

I paid $50 for a bonded title in Ms. about 25 yrs ago for a car that was left at my ole pappy's shop.

I did the same in MS about 20 years ago. Worked great. I still have the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Texas DOES have a database that they'll search for an estimated vehicle value if you don't claim something significant on the title transfer application. You put $300, they'll call it 1000-3000... sux. And if you don't transfer the title within 30 days of the date on the title, they charge you $25/day penalty fee.

a day would suck.. lol

tk1218

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flower Mound
Just wanted to clarify a couple things since I have done several bonded titles in Texas on Broncos
1. I always call the DMV (not county tax office) before I buy a bronco without a title to check to see if the vin is in the system. If the vin is not in the system I will buy the bronco as the bonded title would be issues on the person on the bill of sale. In this situation there is no risk from previous owner since you have a bill of sale.

2. Once I know the vin is not in the system then you get some paper work from the DMV and then buy the bond. Usually 150-300 for the bond

3. Next you go to the county tax office to title the vehicle and your done.

4. The title shows as bonded for 3 years at which time you can get a clean title.

Hope this helps