• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Smooth Shift Collar For Floor Shift Conversions (Stock 66-77 Bronco))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogman71

Loc.
Chino Hills, CA.
I have a 71, three on the tree so I am assuming I need a number 1. Any left? I live in Chino Hills, 91709 eventually will be going to a floor shifter.
Please PM price or I can possibly meet up with you since you are in Walnut.
Thanks!
Steve.

Dogman71

Loc.
Chino Hills, CA.
Just wanted to compliment Jerry on providing the smooth collars. I picked mine up this morning, he had sandblasted the piece and provided an installation instruction sheet as well - very nice product! I will have to keep mine in a safe place for a few more years before I convert to a 5 speed on the floor.
Thank you Jerry!

leakingtap

I'd like to purchase a smooth collar for my '73 but I'm not sure if my column is originally a manual or auto column. Is there a way to tell which column it is? The bronco was a 3-speed with a floor shifter when I got it, but I don't know what it originally had. Here's a couple pictures of what I've got.
I52YwXrPHaoIjmpm1

kH1zmNcHuxDLO6CF2

Last edited:
OP
OP

72Sport

Bronco Guru
The column is an automatic or at least the visible part is. Is your emergency flasher switch on the dash?
I have run across one customer that had a 73 with an early bearing in the center of the turn signal switch mount. The early bearing is made out of sheet metal. The newer one looks just like a steel machined bearing and has a snap ring holding things in place. The older one also has either a plastic cone or a sheet metal cone that that fits between the inner race of the bearing and the steering shaft that the steering wheel is mounted on.

A picture of the switch with the steering wheel and adapter removed would be best if you can take one and send it to me.

Your column has definitely been modified. I probably have the stuff you need to fix it. You need to make sure the adapter for the steering wheel is the right one for the Bronco, that is one thing I don't have.

Jerry

leakingtap

Thanks Jerry. I’ve got a busy week ahead, but I’ll try to get the steering wheel pulled off one of these evenings and get the pics posted up.

NATEandALLI

I'd like one please. Replacing the collar on a manual shift column, emergency flasher switch on the dash. I'm in OC. Can probably do a local pickup. TIA!

73 bronco 347

Got mine installed. Great fit. Looks awesome. It was nice to have the instructions with collar good work. thank you

OP
OP

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Smooth shift collars are sandblasted and ready for paint. The collars are a stock Ford part that just happen to fit stock Bronco columns.

Status
Not open for further replies.