• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL 225 Mile Bronco at Mecum?

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
With only 225 miles on it, my first thought would be it was used as a snow plow truck for someones long driveway...and that would lead me to wonder about rust issues!

Original205

Loc.
S.E. Michigan
The Bronco originated in Washington State. It was damaged while being unloading from the car hauler at the dealership. The damage occurred to the original top and some time went by before the dealership replaced the top. It sat unsold in the dealership showroom for years after that. During that time the winch bumper and exterior tire rack was added. At some point, with less then 100 miles, it was sold to a dealership in TX. It was passed to to other dealerships, sold to a collector in Alabama where I bought it in 1997 and brought it to MI. At the time it had less than 200 miles on it. I bought this Bronco as a project but could not bring myself to cut this rare original Bronco up and it sat for almost 20 years in my barn and decided to sell a few months ago. I do believe that it is the original interior and I agree the top has been changed and is not correct because of the stainless. I did paint the rear bumper and all 5 wheels. I can not remember if the trailer hitch was chrome or white originally but it is a stamped Ford trailer hitch. I put a kit in the carb, replaced the fuel pump and both fuel tanks. The auxiliary fuel tank never had fuel in it but was split wide open as a result of the fuel tank being over a heater duct in a dealership for many years. I could tell by the lint and dust packed around it. The fuel in the rear tank had gone bad years ago and needed to be replaced. The reason the jack was used is because I needed them to jack the truck up to free up the frozen brake drums. All else is how I found this truck. It is truly a 225 mile Bronco.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
If you really believe the interior is original, you should order a Marti report for verification. It would be the first base trim Bronco I have seen delivered with Ranger seats from the factory.

House

Minutia Militia
My guess is someone swapped the seats somewhere in it's life.
I was thinking new at the dealer at first, but the 'buns' look like they
may be broke down under the vinyl too, so maybe not...?
Cool truck, I would like to have it. And fix a few things...

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I noticed the foam as well. I expect they are newer covers on non-original seats. Its hard to tell from the pictures but I think I only see 14 pleated rows in the bottom of the drivers seat. Most reproduction covers have 14. Original covers had 15.

WRG

Was remote mirrors on drivers side, standard on passenger side factory?

Broncojunkie

1974 225 mile Bronco

Seen this Bronco in person. This truck was own by a Ford Dealer with all the documentation to back it up. This is the MOST ORIGINAL Bronco I have ever seen. All the changes to the vehicle was done By the Ford Dealer himself and has all the original parts to go with the truck . The title was still in the Original Ford dealers name. The Bronco sat on a Showroom Floor for most of its life to explain the Original Miles. The miles where documented .

REMARKABLE!!!!!!

Broncojunkie

225 mile Bronco 1974

Don't you just love ripping a 100 grand Bronco all apart!!! Fun isn't it. The more you look at this rig, the more questions! It has a Sport or Ranger top to go with the seats and one of those aftermarket hatch handles!...The hatch was opened a lot in the 225 miles!... Rear bumper and hitch has also been sprayed. ...And Andy, the tag is on the carburetor ...just on the wrong screw! And...one other thing. That rusty tailpipe really gripes me on a 100k Bronco!....They need to put about a dozen of those twist in coil spring spacers in the front. That ole' 8074 and bellview bumper is heavy!!;D;D;D
Oops... sorry ... I was wrong on the hatch handle...it is correct.

The Underside of this Bronco has ALL THE ORIGINAL FRAME MARKINGS still readable on the Frame of the Truck. The Tailpipe is Original . Its 40 years old . I would not change it , if I was him. I seen this Truck In Person. It speaks for itself. Incredible Original Truck with all documentation.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Good luck bronco junkie!

Does anyone find it odd that original 205 pops up with this rare horse, then bronco junkie with 3 posts is working a deal???

Call me skeptical...

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Good luck bronco junkie!

Does anyone find it odd that original 205 pops up with this rare horse, then bronco junkie with 3 posts is working a deal???

Call me skeptical...

With all the changes, mismatched factory parts, bizarre stories, and signs of wear, I remain as skeptical as ever.

I would expect to see documentation, undercarriage pictures, a Marti report, and reasonable explanations for why so many things were changed, like seats, on a new Bronco that wasn't driven. I don't see any of that, even in the Mecum listing. Only "mileage is believed to be".....

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Broncojunkie,

I'm sure u took tons of pics...please post them. Good luck with the purchase.

Thanks,

Blue71

House

Minutia Militia
Ya, we got it... One of you is Bj, and one of you is B J... ;)

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
This makes me laugh.

I was confused at first too when I saw the notification. I thought, "Surely B J knew this truck has a lot of issues and besides, he's selling his truck...why would he be buying this one?"

Todd Z.