• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Unimog axles (update.. Got it. mog9 build pics..)

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
i wonder who bought it?
attachment.php

NYLES

Bronco Guru
After doing A LOT of research, I decided to not use the 404 axles in their stock form. I decided to build a hybrid mog/9 for the rear. 9 inch center section with mog boxes. I converted them to disc brakes to avoid the common over heating problem and to provide better brakes. I turned down two stock long side axle shafts to 35 spline and I am running a Strange large bearing center housing with ARB. I am running a 2:47 R&P and then I have the reduction of 2.17 in the portal boxes. Now I can drive over a 5 gallon bucket and not hit it! ;D

Nice! I can clear a milk crate!

NYLES

Bronco Guru
If any of you are truely looking for a rig like that there is a single rear axle 2.5 ton for sale in Vicksburg MS. Ill snap A pic of that for next time I go by. Not unimog jus a common duce n a half with single Rockwell rear axle. Looks real nice I just cant dream up a use for it.

Back to the program .......go for it Mad!

Talked the Bow girl into snappin a couple pics and sendin em will post em in a bit.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If any of you are truely looking for a rig like that there is a single rear axle 2.5 ton for sale in Vicksburg MS. Ill snap A pic of that for next time I go by. Not unimog jus a common duce n a half with single Rockwell rear axle. Looks real nice I just cant dream up a use for it.

Back to the program .......go for it Mad!

I have a complete set of Rockwells..one front, one rear. Was going to do an 'extreme' EB build with them but now I'm just sitting on them. I recently found a '52 IHC 1.5 ton truck that looks like it needs 'em.;D

I need more projects..just like Mad does too.%)

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Holy Thread bump Mad.
Mog + Bronco, how much more motivation do you need?

Maybe a new assistant Mechanic?
s-l300.jpg