• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rarest Bronco?

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Here’s the dash layouts. I think the later models with manual transmission still had the hazard switch on the dash.

dc2a78ce7537e3b9d2b6cb8aee428924.jpg

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Here’s the dash layouts. I think the later models with manual transmission still had the hazard switch on the dash.

dc2a78ce7537e3b9d2b6cb8aee428924.jpg

Not after '73. All '74 and newer Broncos had the switch on the column. I don't know why they moved it, to me it looks better in between the lights and wipers instead of the blank space there.

Bird Dog 36

Loc.
Brighton
That makes sense for that part. And more than likely, they put the Explorer badge into the original glove box door. I can go to sleep with that scenario. We may never know the “why” though. I’ll take a pic of the dual front shock mount the weekend as well, and see what you think of those. Thanks again

yfz450sew

That’s a picture from the Streetside Classic site of the EB from the movie Logan.

It has had several repaints. I checked the color code and it is “D” which is Blue Poly and I found that color in several places under the hood.

As far as I know Blue and Copper were the only colors. What is the color code on your glovebox tag?

My late build 1972 was optioned with chrome yellow paint and both the sport and explorer packages. It was one of 229 chrome yellow trucks that year and one of 36 with these paint and trim codes.

Attachments

• martiedit.png
    martiedit.png
    186.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I'll go ahead and say that that data tag has been swapped to that glovebox door. That is a '74-'77 Dash, so it could have had a dash swap. Or, it could be titled under a different VIN.

As far as Explorer Colors, there were several besides blue and copper. And yes, there has been a black '73 Explorer on this site with orange interior years ago.

Standard Explorer Colors:

Durango Tan
Hot Ginger Metallic
Grabber Blue
Burnt Orange
Viking Red
Brook Blue Metallic
Copper
Blue Metallic

On top of those, I've seen several others that were not standard color, but still had Explorer package. My Dad has a Hatteras Green '76 Explorer.

Heck, I don’t know why I was thinking they only came in two colors because I have seen plenty of others. I spent a lot of time drooling over Fordfans orange one at SC last year.... too many beers and too little time I spose.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Heck, I don’t know why I was thinking they only came in two colors because I have seen plenty of others. I spent a lot of time drooling over Fordfans orange one at SC last year.... too many beers and too little time I spose.

My trail rig/crawler was originally a 73 Explorer in light baby blue non-metallic.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Standard Explorer Colors:

Durango Tan
Hot Ginger Metallic
Grabber Blue
Burnt Orange
Viking Red
Brook Blue Metallic
Copper
Blue Metallic

On top of those, I've seen several others that were not standard color, but still had Explorer package. My Dad has a Hatteras Green '76 Explorer.

We've got a sweet Orange one at WH right now I think. Unless it's sold now.
Sure does not look like a "burnt" orange though. I wonder if that's what it is, or if there is still another color out there?
I'll see if I can find the VIN in my pics (I think it was one of Viper's P's & Q's).

Paul

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
We've got a sweet Orange one at WH right now I think. Unless it's sold now.
Sure does not look like a "burnt" orange though. I wonder if that's what it is, or if there is still another color out there?
I'll see if I can find the VIN in my pics (I think it was one of Viper's P's & Q's).

Paul

The color is called "Burnt Orange", but its not exactly what I'd call burnt orange either. It's more of a pumpkin orange.

Attachments

• e6ab3590a5c205b2dc73c84221072b4f.jpg
    e6ab3590a5c205b2dc73c84221072b4f.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 76

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, that's it. Thanks for the pic and clarification.
Knowing that the colors don't always match the mental picture, it's good to know what's what in the Ford world.

Paul