• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

IL 3 speed transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jh350

Hey everyone, I've been lurking on the forum for a while. I picked up my 71 mid last year, but have not been able to do a lot of work on it until now. My goal is to get on the road this summer. The main thing I need right now is a transmission. The one I pulled out of it is a RAT trans, but the reverse gear is mangled. From what I've read on here, it would be easier to just buy a new one, then invest the money in fixing this one.

All I'm looking for is a 3 speed manual like what came out of it (302 V8). I know these transmissions are not desirable, so I'm hoping to find something on the cheap. I will upgrade to something else later, but am just looking for the easiest and cheapest solution to get this thing on the road, and start enjoying it. I'm located in central Illinois, but am willing to make a drive to pick one up. I might be able make the super celebration this year, so that might be a good meetup place. I'm new to the bronco world, so it would be nice to meet some fellow enthusiasts.

Thank you,
Jeff

512cadillac

transmission

How close are you to Lincoln, NE I have a set up that I would really like to move. If you are not in a hurry I have a sister in Greyslake and might be out there later in the year. Send me a PM if you want any specific information. John

OP
OP
Jh350

Jh350

How close are you to Lincoln, NE I have a set up that I would really like to move. If you are not in a hurry I have a sister in Greyslake and might be out there later in the year. Send me a PM if you want any specific information. John

Hey John, I’m about 7 hours from you. I’m hoping to get something sooner than later too. Thank you for the reply though, and good luck moving yours. -Jeff

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Yeah, if it was Chillicothe, Ohio, I would have offered him one for free! Probably too far of a drive to NE Ohio for one.

OP
OP
Jh350

Jh350

Thanks guys, but yea more of a drive than I'd prefer. I spoke to Mike, who is local to me, and I'm going to check out what he has this week. Thank you for all the replys. It sounds like Mike has exactly what I'm needing, but will post back if for some reason it doesn't workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.