• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Frame paint question

mputty11

Loc.
Rochester
So Ive spent months grinding and cleaning to make my frame clean and smooth. Don't think I'll do that again. lol

Does anyone paint these frames other than black? I was looking for some photos to see how they would look. I'm an everything black type person under the body but Ive had a few people ask me if id consider the same color as the truck.. thoughts?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I have seen some on here painted silver and am leaning toward that myself when I get mine to that point.
The aluminum in some silver paints may add some rust protection.

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
I’ve bought Rust Bullet Automotive and am planning to do my frame with it. This is a picture of the color from off the internet.

Attachments

• 611AE6D8-8C27-4B5D-9D01-2D0A0E9B509B.jpeg
    611AE6D8-8C27-4B5D-9D01-2D0A0E9B509B.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 112

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I've seen them done in industrial / navy grey the look clean when kept clean.

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
I did the color thing about 20 years ago for my dad when we re-did the 77 back then. Since I am re-doing it I am going black or the Hammered grey look. Too much work to keep these nice:

HDOIqEN.jpg

ynkdafL.jpg

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I built a car with a powder coated frame in a cast iron color. It looked amazing. It was easy to keep clean because it hid dirt nicely. And it looks as good today as 2004 when it was coated. If I ever go frame off on my own stuff I am doing that again.

CraigS

My frame is light gray DP epoxy with a clearcoat on it. I like the idea of a light color to show where the fluid is leaking out of something and the clear coat should make it easy to pressure wash it off.