• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spark Plug Wire Routing

centex77

Anyone have any pictures of how they routed their spark plugs? I’m starting to work on mine but I can’t find a way to make them look right.

Kauaiman

There is a tech bulletin (tso) for running wires with the Dura spark ignition. It talks about cross fire problems. Google it ,but I know #1 wire and #6 wire go under the others at right angle to prevent cross fire problems. If I find the link later I will put it up, but google search will help with pics.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And this is a good time to re-familiarize yourself with your new camshaft.
If it's the old firing order of 15426378, then your wires work like the old Bronco would have originally. If it's a new cam with the "351/HO" firing order though, it changes to 13726548 instead.

Does not change the care you take in routing them. Just changes how they orient around the cap.

Good luck.

Paul

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I have the same firing order. I'm particular about routing the wires so use organizers on valve cover studs in combination with using zip tie looms to hold them organized. Maybe this pic helps.....

Attachments

• DSC00563.jpg
    DSC00563.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 176

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I have the same firing order. I'm particular about routing the wires so use organizers on valve cover studs in combination with using zip tie looms to hold them organized. Maybe this pic helps.....

Same way I did mine. around the end of the valve covers and zip tie separators.