• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Experience with The EFI Guy

macyat

I was so impressed with Garry (The EFI Guy) that I have to relate this story. I have a 93 Mustang 5.0L HO EFI motor in my 67 Bronco, but the A9P (auto tranny version) EEC didn't work at all. After some internet research, I came across The EFI Guy. I pm'd him to see if he still replaced bad capacitors on EEC IV ECUs, and sure enough he does. I sent the A9P EEC to him (in Colorado) on a Wednesday morning from the LA area and received back the next Monday. I plugged it in, and the engine fired right up! I plan to use the auto tranny version EEC because I put in an AOD some years back, and the A9P is reported to have more aggressive timing tables that works better with an auto tranny. I figured I would let the expert fix my primary EEC (and for a reasonable rate).

I also have an A9L (manual tranny version) EEC as a spare. The A9L EEC fires the engine up but is not sending a signal to the #8 cylinder fuel injector. The EFI Guy sent me parts to potentially fix it and answered some detailed questions that I had. He also has a great YouTube video on how to do the capacitor fix.

Anyhow, for those of you with an EEC IV EFI conversion, those electrolytic capacitors are getting pretty old and are prone to failure. Again, thanks to The EFI Guy.

Ed

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I've talked to him once. Very knowledgeable guy and very gracious with his time. I've heard nothing but outstanding feedback about him over the years. One of these days when I finally get around to attempting the Explorer EFI swap, I will be happy to have him do his magic to my system.

chuzie

Bronco Guru
What's he charge to fix EEC?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TOOLMAN

He's pretty awesome...we're lucky to have him in our local club here in Colorado!

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
He got me moving a little more efficiently and made a certain little light on the dash go away. Sure wish he was able to get to OCBR to have some fun with us.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
One of the best, couldn't ask for a better person to do business with.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've had the pleasure of working with Garry several times. He's very patient!

bsquared

Contributor
Ditto! If it wasn't for Garry helping me along the way with my EFI conversion it would not be running right now. He even shipped me some extra terminals after I had bastardized by relay jumpers. Very good dude! B2

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
He's helped me with my stroker and converting to EDIS...very patient as I tend to ask a lot of questions. :)

Great guy and very knowledgeable...

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Three statements:
Not enough good things can come to Garry and his family

He has a resource in NH any time he needs it

He knows I owe him dinner next time I’m in his hood

Hank

OP
OP
M

macyat

What's he charge to fix EEC?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just PM him. He responded to me within a day for all of my questions. Note though that he does the capacitor replacement (and probably other components if you know which ones are bad), but it sounds like he doesn't have a full test capability to check all functionality of the EEC. You can ask him to provide more details.

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Is Gary with EFI guy still in business? If so, how can I contact him. He did a masterful job on the 91 Mustang computer that's in my '75 Bronco Ranger.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Last I heard he was, but he was also super busy with life, liberty and the pursuit of whateverness in the meantime.
If you have his e-mail, go ahead and use it but wait awhile for a response. I believe someone here has said it's easier to get in touch with him via Facebook but I don't know his username. EFIGuy maybe?:rolleyes:

Good luck

paul

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
looking to get my 65 F100 up and running using the Explorer EFI unit as well. I have emailed him, hopefully i can get in touch with him and learn somethings.
Ben

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I got PM from him a couple months ago, was on waiting list for harness/computer re-work. Never heard back, I hope everything is OK.
For me, it's not a problem, because I went Pro-Flo 4 and was going to continue with the harness/computer in case I didn't like the Edelbrock system (or sell it if I did like it). Anyway, he's always been great asset to the community, especially with his YouTube videos.

THX,
-John