• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New hub doesnt fit!?

Broncrick

Loc.
Nevada City,CA
Pulled the old Warns to pack bearings and install the sweet stainless Mile Marker hubs. Pass side went A-Ok, driver side internals wont seat in all the way so I can get the big snap ring in :p Filed all the grooves to make sure it wasnt binding there, doesnt seem to be bottoming out on the spindle, wtf? and yes the old Warn internals still fit....

Anyone else run across this? Want to run Fordyce this weekend ;D

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know you said the big snapring, but just so I'm sure, you are talking about the main retaining ring that goes into the groove in the outer hub, right? Not the snapring that fits on the axle shaft end?
Just checking because it's common for the axle snapring to not fit with aftermarket hubs. But haven't seen one that wouldn't go in far enough to seat the big one. Hmmm, did you try rotating it into different splines? I know they're all supposed to be the same, but just in case there's a burr meeting a burr, or something like that, might help to rotate it to a new position.
And another double-check, you don't still have those big stock springs in behind the locking hubs to do you? Sounds like you've done this before so you probably already know about that. And the Warns were already there... But I figured I'd check.
Hope you got it fixed already.

Paul

brian72

Early Bronco Student
I had the same exact problem. I sent the set back to MM and they sent me a NEW set...they fit.

U

Unregistered

Same thing on mine, I swapped sides and they worked.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I found that the mile markers only work with there snaprings, not the warn snaprings.

Hint: file a little taper on the end of the snapring so you can get a screwdriver under it to lift it out later. If not, it gets to be a real bear to get them out.

OP
OP
B

Broncrick

Loc.
Nevada City,CA
Donk, yep big retainer ring. Tried to rotate the assy, filed all questionable 'burrs' inside, used both rings, dunno %) will try to swap sides and hope that works, otherwise I'll ship them back I guess...

Good hnit Broncobowsher, but I use a 90* dental pic I got from my Dentist :cool: