• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Phoenix area roll cage fabricator

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Randy doesn't do any cage fab work at Driven (at least not that I'm aware of). When RPM was located onsite, they did a lot of his fab work and then Paul of Bent Fab did it when he was located there.

A lot of us Phoenician Bronco owners have had Paul at Bent Fab do our cages, including Jon (admin) and myself. I think he still does cages for some of Randy's builds.

His website is bentfabaz.com. Email is bentfabaz@gmail.com and his phone number is 480-326-0855. He's located just north of Deer Valley Road and between 19th and 23rd Aves. He'll build about anything you want.

I had a few custom requests for mine and he gladly accommodated them. It wasn't cheap, but quality usually isn't.

Hope that helps.

Todd Z.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
A lot of us Phoenician Bronco owners have had Paul at Bent Fab do our cages, including Jon (admin) and myself. I think he still does cages for some of Randy's builds.

I had a few custom requests for mine and he gladly accommodated them. It wasn't cheap, but quality usually isn't.
Ditto everything Todd said. I couldn't be happier with my cage that Paul built. It's about the only thing on my Bronco that I didn't build myself and it gets more compliments out on the trail than anything else. But I don't take it personally! ;)

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Not taking away anything from Bent Fab, I've heard lots of positive comments. But what about the guy up in Dewey/Cordes Jct? http://www.protofab4x4.com/products.php?ID=02

Protofab is of course a local favorite as well. They added cagework onto my existing roll bar back in the 90s and did a lot of other work on my truck too (I often joked that I was funding their 401Ks all by myself in those days). A lot of local rigs have their cages as well.

Todd Z.

KeithKinPhx

For what it's worth Protofab is building my roll cage as we speak (type). Ask for Mike, nice guy.

They are in Mayer.

reynard101

Bronco Guru
Paul at Bent fab is great, they did my cage after seeing Todd Z and Jon's (admin). A custom fit cage will be a lot tighter than a "generic" cage. Definitely not the cheapest option, but accommodated all my requests, TIG welded, and used DOM tubing. Mike at Protofab is great too, I'm running their bumpers. Both are customer focused and will work with you. And both have pretty reasonable (i.e. honest) time lines on when your work will be done.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bent fab it is, thats what I have but bought so long ago it's when he was at Driven.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Any AZ Bronco brothers interested in a smaller project? Want to modify some rocker steps to work with my auxiliary gas tank and mount them to the frame

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
So i stopped by a fabricator and asked how much this rollcage would be....they stated $800. Seems a little steep to me... what do you think

Attachments

• 20171214_085623.jpg
    20171214_085623.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
Posting pics proves very challenging for me, but you guys get the picture.

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
May HAVE solved my own problem. Wildhorses sells a San Felipe rollbar and they have an add on for a "family cage"........ $430 for plus shipping.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
$800 is cheap for a cage! Frankly a cage should be built to keep you family safe if you have an accident or roll over. Why go cheap or cobble something together? Also know that more than likely if you order a cage from WH it will be drop shipped from Protofab. Save shipping and just call them up and go pick it up.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
That add on, it is an addition to an existing cage, not the whole cage.

Protofab is a good choice, they build for some of the big houses as well.
Paul (bent fab) has been doing this for a long time. I've seen a buggy he built at SEMA. Always done good work. Would recommend him. You will get a little more personal cage with Paul.