• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MO FS: 74 Bronco w/ 351 & Auto Trans

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorin

I hate to part with it, but it's come time to let my Bronco project go to a better home. I purchased this with 2 others in 2005 when I was still single. Fast forward, and I've added a wife, a son, and another son on the way, and I still haven't gotten to it. I have too many projects, and our family (with the dogs) is just too big for a Bronco, so I have to let it go... :( The truck has sat most of the time since I bought it. And before you ask, the others I bought are gone - one was for a friend, and the other was a wreck for parts.

It's a 74 (built Sept '73 by the data plate). It's got a 351 Windsor backed by an auto trans (assuming the original C4, and it shifts good). Power steering. Dana 44 front axle with disk brakes (not power). Rear axle looks original, and untouched. Transfer case has twin sticks - rear shifts pretty well, the front is a little sticky. High & low work on both axles. Dual exhaust that sounds good. Truck runs and drives pretty well for as much as it's sat. I drove it down to the car wash yesterday with no drama (other than a lot of double-takes and thumb's-ups, and spinning tires a couple times...).

Now for the bad - it's a Missouri truck (originally delivered to St. Louis), so it has the typical MO rust. I've tried to take pictures of everything and post them, but here's the details:

• Driver's and passenger's front floor is through the inner layer, but not the outer or the cross members. Is through at the seam and can see daylight on both sides.
  • Driver's rocker is rusted through on the side, but not bottom. Looks like it may have had a bondo repair at some time???
  • Driver's door jam looks good.
  • Pass rocker is rusted like the Driver's.
  • Pass door jam does have rust through.
  • Belt line rusted on both sides. Driver's side isn't too bad, but the pass side is.
  • Rear floor has some rust - a 4" x 4" hole in one spot.
  • Rusted through above the wheel tubs on both sides in the rear.
  • Tailgate is toast.
  • Front inner fenders rusted right in front of the firewall on both sides.
  • Top has some surface rust around the drip rails, but it looks cosmetic. The top appears to be in really good shape except for the antenna hole that someone put in the middle...

It also looks like someone ran into something with the pass front corner. I'd probably just replace the fender vs trying to fix it.

I think that's everything that I can think of right now. It's a solid truck, and a great project. If it wasn't for the rust, this would be an awesome truck. I'm not a body guy, and I'm not intimidated by the rust, so I definitely think it's fixable by the average guy (or I've watched too many automotive shows on TV).

I'm also looking for a 69+ International Travelall to build instead, so I'd take one on partial trade.

Thanks,

Danny

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Decent lookin rig Danny. GLWYS...

I drive thru WP a couple times a year, going to MS. ALWAYS see one sitting on side of the road after I jump over the 63 bypass, before you get to imboden

weidjd

Ok, well just started looking again. Will be in contact when I can come take a look.

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Can't see the pics. Could be user error on my part though...

Status
Not open for further replies.