• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX WTT Want to Trade My Awesome Bronco For Your Awesome (Auto) Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Hey guys and gals-

I am looking to trade my 1970 Bronco for a Bronco that is in similar condition, but is an automatic. My wife always wanted one, and I saved and saved to get her this one. It is absolutely perfect for her in every way except it is a 3 speed on the column. I have tried and tried, but she just has never gotten comfortable with it, and I want her to not stress out everytime I ask her to drive...I want her to enjoy it. Thus the dilemma.

Here are the specs on this ol gal.
- 1970, 302, 3 speed on the column with 92K miles
- I use this as my daily driver, I go everywhere in it and it will cruise on the smaller highways easily at 60-65 (I dont go faster than that)
- Upgraded disc breaks on the front (stops really well)
- Upgraded distributor
- 98% rust free!!!! Only rust is on the floor pans which had the rubber mat on top...they could be patched, but I was going to just redo them since the remanufactured ones look so nice
- Original paint
- Extremely straight body
- Aftermarket A/C that blows ICE cold.
- Tires have less than 2000 miles on them
- Original radio works, heat, defrost all works
- Registered and Inspected - NOT registered as an antique
- Dealer installed PTO winch...works great! Bumper has a slight bend in it.
- No leaks - I just had the yokes resealed and engine does not leak any oil (I dont believe it myself sometimes).
- New Universal joints

What it needs
- Floors patched
- Passenger seat recovered

Like I said, this thing is ready to go, I drive it everywhere, and it has never left me stranded. If you have an automatic and have the itch to shift, let me know. I'd love to find one with original paint like this one.

I am looking for a similar looking, uncut Bronco with an automatic....let me know what you got.

Here are some pics and you can see more if you search for my build using the keyword "rejuvenation"

I took these pictures today with the exception of the first one...that was after I washed and waxed it. Today it was pretty dusty...but she's a driver folks. I do not off road at all,

3E662706-85C5-4550-98EB-D65A191EB121.jpg

E231B306-6B5D-428A-81CE-5D7FE8DFF84E.jpg

233759D1-23A6-4C90-B6FB-A0C2776D701B.jpg

A8CCEBC1-34F6-4C89-A608-D5DF5298A1F2.jpg

0DC2194E-9ED8-40E8-913E-2C1C1EF9DC52.jpg

9A62EE3D-9DB0-41AA-A702-642D2043A67A.jpg

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Why not keep that one brother and justswap out to Auto,

Seems a little easier than trying to trade for an Auto, and you already know all the ins/outs of the one you have.

Nice Rig too. Good luck man

OP
OP
trailerjack

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
I thought about it, but I kinda thought it would be cool to preserve some of its originality...Yes I know it has some upgrades but in essence it's pretty untouched...I guess that is an option, maybe I'll end up doing that, but Id rather find a nice ranger package with an Auto that someone would like to trade!

Why not keep that one brother and justswap out to Auto,

Seems a little easier than trying to trade for an Auto, and you already know all the ins/outs of the one you have.

Nice Rig too. Good luck man

muskrat

Bronco Guru
That's a nice EB. Spend a little money and do a trans swap. THere is value in knowing what you have versus not knowing what you might get.

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Like others have said before.. If you know you have a solid truck, then swap out the tranny, keep all the original stuff. If you ever sell it, you can advertise exactly what you have changed, but that you have all the original equipment that can go with the truck, in case the buyer wants to take it back to original.... But if you really want a Ranger, then get rid of it...

bsquared

Contributor
Man, that is a seriously nice survivor! As others have said, swapping in an auto is probably your best move. That's a solid looking LUBR!

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
X4...do the tranny swap and just keep the orig 3-speed if you ever intend to sell it.

dtimdavis

Your Bronco

Hey, do you still have your Bronco. I might be interested in buying it from you. I just live up the road from you in Temple...I'm in Gatesville at least once a month. Let me know.

Thanks,

Tim 913-1871

Status
Not open for further replies.