• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Here's a grease tip

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Hey maybe this tip I came across a few days ago might help someone .. Out this in your BOOK of Knowledge.
One of the shops I call on, yesterday told me that The new Ford truck have been having a viberation from the drive shafts ... Really at the slip joint section. So Ford has a Special Grease to grease that joint with now.
... I was chasing a Viberation in my DODGE TRUCK . & They greased it & I'll swear my VIB IS GONE.
..... ASK YOU FORD DEALERSHIP . MIGHT BE HELPFUL for you guys.

Joe473

Hey maybe this tip I came across a few days ago might help someone .. Out this in your BOOK of Knowledge.
One of the shops I call on, yesterday told me that The new Ford truck have been having a viberation from the drive shafts ... Really at the slip joint section. So Ford has a Special Grease to grease that joint with now.
... I was chasing a Viberation in my DODGE TRUCK . & They greased it & I'll swear my VIB IS GONE.
..... ASK YOU FORD DEALERSHIP . MIGHT BE HELPFUL for you guys.
It's a blue grease. I have some. I'll see if I can post a part number. Next week. I have heard it help binding of slip joints resulting in clunk. Never heard about it addressing vibrations

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well not sure But the tech that I was talking too .. ASK how long it'd been since I had a grease job. Well normally once a year . I do 2 oil changes a years & Only put about 10000 mile on my truck each year .
The fall oil change is before we go to New Mexico each year . Tech ask if maybe my slip joint was binding some .. Possible As I had a Transmission put in in January this year Never know what the kid at the trans shop did.
But I felt it might help some of these FORD Truck drivers on here.

Casey835

My 350 had a clunk, thought it was that carrier bearing(could see movement there that corresponded with the clunk). Took the carrier bearing out and realized there was nothing wrong with it. Greased that slip joint, put it all back together and clunk is gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk