• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech harness help

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Centech harness gurus,

I am looking for a key on 12V source for my DRL in my LED headlights. Tech support at Centech said I could use the choke wire (white) to do the job. Problem is I cannot find it in the harness on the passenger side. Can someone tell me where that wire is in the bundle? Thanks in advance.

v/r,

SevenT

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There are a pair of auxiliary Green power wires over on the passenger side near the firewall. They're paired up in an old-fashioned GM-looking push-connector and you can separate them or just utilize that whole connector if you feel like it.
Separating them is better as you can then use the second Green wire for some other accessory.

Not sure the Centech has a choke wire? That would be the STA wire (stator) from the alternator on a Ford harness, but Centech would have had it come from the chassis side.
Not sure where it is, but don't confuse it with the White wire at the starter relay's "I" terminal. That's connected directly to the ignition coil (if you connected it that way?) and lights may not play nice in the same circuit as the ignition!

But either way, if you can't find the White choke wire, use one of the Green wires.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, this will turn the DRL's on anytime that you have the key in the ACC position too by the way. Probably not what you'd want.

Maybe 904 will chime in tomorrow if his memory is better. He's done several of them now.

Paul

ransil

Bronco Guru
Is this an old install or are you putting it in now?

choke white wire should be located passenger side harness, should be a plug there just out of the firewall with a few other wires.

if an old install and no choke used could be tied back into the harness or eliminated.

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Paul,

Thanks, I think it will not matter if it did come on in ACC, I never leave it in that position for long.

Ransil,

This is a new installation and I may have used the white wire you speak of to turn on the RJM harness for my fuel injection. I will pull that leg of the harness and look for the label on the white wire.

v/r,

SevenT

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I guess I am slow today, I had to look up DRL - daytime running lamps.
From the Centech harness instructions...
Passenger side:
"This section of the harness contains wiring
for the ignition system, gauge senders, emissions equipment, electric choke, voltage regulator...."
"The white CHOKE wire supplies power to your electric
choke. The blue and red wires are used to supply power for emission devices such as idle solenoid and distributor
modulator valve."

I think any one of these wires could work to provide power for DRL, if you are not using them. Since Centech does not seem to want to share their schematic of their harness... These wires could all have the same power source? Just make sure it is power only on the run side of the switch, not on ACC side.