• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bought a 1966!

la hi

I bought a 66 U14 six. It has a lot of rust and will require extensive body panel replacement/repair. It has a 2" block lift and 33" tires with F150 rims. The rims measure at 16", therefore it is a dog for performance.

I have cleaned the engine, replaced air and fuel filter, removed the interior,(floor covering and headliner) removed the heater(from something else and located in the passenger well), cleaned the plugs and now onto other projects.

Question? When I replace the six with a 351w will I have to change the transmission (three on the tree) or will it fit?

HUMM!!! A new challenge, adding pictures? Admin help please. I have learned how to add pictures on the Tri-five truck forum so it can be done.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
It will bolt up to your existing transmission. Adding pics, become a contributor.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome Welcome.. Good to have ya!

Now post them Pics :)