• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FAQ - How do I post a picture? Become a Contributor

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
This is one of the most common questions on the forums: How do you post a picture? Below are the 2 basic choices.

Option 1 - Become a site Contributor
For $12 a year you can upgrade your forum membership to "Contributor" which includes photo uploads directly from your computer, not to mention helping support the site. :) Read this thread for instructions or click here to signup.

Option 2 - Use a free photo host or your ISP
1. Free Picture Hosting sites that allow "remote linking" - Here are just a few examples: http://photobucket.com , http://imageshack.us , http://www.flickr.com

2. Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) - Most ISP's include some free web space with your paid internet account. So if you're using an ISP like Cox, Earthlink, MSN, Sprint, etc. then you probably already have free space just waiting for you to use it. Check with your ISP for more info on how to access your web space and upload files.

OK, so my picture is on the web. Now what?
Once you have your picture online you need to find it's URL (web address). If you surf to your picture on your web space then right click on the picture, a menu comes up. Go down to "Properties" and left click on that and it will show you a bunch of info including the Address (URL). Highlight the entire address, right click and select copy. This is what you'll need to show your picture in the forums.

Now go into the forums and post or reply to the message that you want to show the picture in. Right above where you type the message body are some buttons. Click the "insert image" button (screen shot below) A window will pop up. Type in or paste the URL you copied earlier.
1642083079616.png

Can I post a picture from my computer?
No. The picture has to be already on the web somewhere. (The exception is that Contributors can upload photos directly. See option 1 above.)

That's about it. If anyone can think of anything to add please post it. (But please don't use this thread to test your pictures. Start a new topic in "Test and Help" for that)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Dennis

Loc.
Northern California
I'm tring to link a pics and it doesn't seem to want to take it. Did you change something? Am I doing something wrong?

Exhaust4%20(Custom).jpg

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I don't think it likes the special characters (ie the parenthesis) Try one without and see if it works. I haven't changed anything on my end.

tonto

Bronco Guru
I just downloaded some pic’s into a thread and there were thumbnails with them to open larger versions, are the thumbnails new and will this be how it is now?
Because the pic’s I downloaded into the same thread last week doesn’t have thumbnails but have links that need to be opened to view the pic.
Just wondering, Francois.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, the thumbnails are new and I'll probably keep them that way. It's easier on the server loads and people with slow connections.

Any pics attached prior to last night (when I did the forum upgrade) will be links and any new pics will be thumbs. There is a conversion that will update all old pics to thumbs, but it's really, REALLY server intensive and takes several hours of solid processing time. So I'll need to wait until off-peak when I have some free time to babysit it.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Actually no one can post pictures in their signature. Signatures are text only on this forum.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Try using this URL with the image tag:
Code:
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss271/crazybroncoman135/P1020429.jpg

BroncoCraig

Loc.
New Caney ,Tx
Pic's on my classified ad

Mr. Admin,
Followed the great instructions for posting pic's without being a contributor member. The image was pasted but wont show on the classified ad I have posted.The img is there if I go to edit the reply only. Not sure but maybe you can help.Happy fathers day!
Craig

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Craig, I see all the photos in your ad. Did you figure it out or am I missing part of your question?