• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ID Oh crap is what the owner must be thinking after this hack job

Bradsp8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Ford-B...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Love the paint scheme and I think this is a cool EB but what a hack job on the rear fenders!

This vehicle is all original with the exception of the flares, which were cut out and installed by Ford

Wow, if FORD did that hack job on my EB I'd be furious and have them replacing and repainting back to prior condition.

Is it really that hard to trace an outline, allowing for several inches of overlap, to get fender flares to fit?

75Denver

I grew up in Twin Falls, ID and drooled over that Bronco as a kid/teenager! If I recall, his name was Gary Carlson...super nice guy that also had a '68 Copper Sportsman Edition. However, even then as a kid, I remember looking at the fenders and thinking, "who the hell cut those?" Otherwise, it's a ridiculously clean Bronco!

sk1nw4lk3r

Is it just me or does it seem like they flipped the fender flares around? Like they used the drivers on the passenger side, and vice versa?

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
isnt this the one that went across the block at mecum a month or so ago??? the camper roof vent looks familiar.

Hank

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
I've seen it on Ebay or on here for around $25K recently. They cut the front part of the rear openings too high. The flares are correct, but tooooo high.
I like the Bronco, I'd lose the two tone and go all Med Blue Met and go back uncut..

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Cut fenders and flares just don't work with whitewall tires..... even if they are cut right.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I actually like the two tone job, but the cutout job is nasty. If it were uncut, I'd love it! That floormat is gorgeous too!

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Don't care for the ugly two-toned paint job, or the stupid looking rear fender flares, should've kept it uncut and one color, then he would've had a better chance at selling cuz it is a nice rig beyond those two mistakes. ;);D:cool:%):eek::p

OP
OP
Bradsp8

Bradsp8

It does say it was on Mecum recently.

I agree, why cut it to keep stock tires on it as it's obviously not a trail rig.

The flares look to be on correctly just a bad job tracing or cutting. It's like they cut before thinking things through and didn't leave several inches of metal needed to sink the screws into and when they installed the flares it was too late so they wound up installing them too high.

I like the two tone paint, did any EB come two tone from the factory?

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thats the kinda thing that happens when you trace the outside of the flare and forget to add the extra inch before you cut.

Funrunr

his description states "This vehicle is all original with the exception of the flares, which were cut out and installed by Ford." I didn't know the dealer installed flares, but then again, I wasn't driving when these were new. Therefore, I don't know.

OP
OP
Bradsp8

Bradsp8

If the flares had been done right it would be a whole different story but IMO it needs new fenders, then will need a paint job and that's a good $10k right there. I doubt there's enough meat left to fasten any flares on there correctly and that just kills it in my mind. The hack that cut the fenders and installed those flares should be hung. I hope he gave up his job at the dealership and went on to bag groceries or something.

bsquared

Contributor
Ended at 28.3K, w reserve not met?! Yep, looks super clean and if he made the corrections everybody else mentioned it would probably pull in 30K+, but I sure don't see that as it sits now. It is a nice sled....too bad about those flares.