• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

More Bronco Advice

Springer

Loc.
Louisville, KY
Currently looking for a Bronco to restore as a project. I came across this one and wanted to see what "Bronco Experts" thought about it. Below are two links. One is a link to Dropbox where I have a few pics of the vehicle and the other is a link to a youtube video of it. The owner will not take less than $2600, I'm just a noob to the field of Broncos. Thanks for any guidance or wisdom that you may give me.

http://youtu.be/0oFYeJqB9gY

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/risfhf2qfe6o4vz/MYlxjWRllN

Let me know if these do not work.

Thanks again in advance,

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Looks like a early 66. It has the eyebrow grill and the correct tailgate. Other than that it is nothing special. Looks like someone did a poor job of converting from a 6cyl to a v-8. I would question why the rear bed floor is covered up with a piece of bed liner. I would think this is about a $1000 - $1500 Bronco. I would pass and keep looking.

BDAZSVT

Seems high for the condition, but there are a lot more knowledgable people than me here.

OP
OP
Springer

Springer

Loc.
Louisville, KY
Thanks for the advice guys. Its hard to find a Bronco that someone doesn't want an arm and leg for.

Last edited:

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Thanks for the advice guys. Its hard to find a Bronco that someone doesn't want an arm and leg for.

Very true but one will come up. Its very cool that its a 66 but you would probably be better off saving up 4-5k for one that hasn't been monkeyed with so much... Just looking at that radiator and the floor pans makes me wonder what else is not going to cut it! I think that one was posted on here a few months ago. Looks familiar. It is worth getting the vin and seeing how early it is.

OP
OP
Springer

Springer

Loc.
Louisville, KY
You are right, it is a 66. The guy has owned since 74 and had sat for about 15 years or so since him and his brother co-owned it and it needed a motor. He put the 302 in it after he bought his brother's half of the Bronco.

I was thinking the same thing about spending more money on a nicer one but my logic is that most everything is going to need to be replaced anyway, so why not buy something that is cheaper.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Check out some of the ones for sale on the site here. Some good offerings right now. Bajafresh has one that looks really really good for the price he's asking.

N747JB

Check out some of the ones for sale on the site here. Some good offerings right now. Bajafresh has one that looks really really good for the price he's asking.

That's exactly what I was thinking! If you can't afford an expensive Bronco, you sure can't afford a cheap one! ;)