• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

68Olblue

Loc.
Auburn
I have the f100 power steering unit which is currently making my pitman arm slightly interfere with my tie rod, basically it overlaps about 1/2"-1/4" Do you sell anything that corrects this?

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Is the 4' of tubing enough on the 3/4" Heim Steering Kit for a Bronco tie rod? (yea brain fart on my part)

broncokak

Bronco Guru
I think I see a purchase in my near future... ;D

Attachments

• utah! 2012 307.jpg
    utah! 2012 307.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 123

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Y steering setup

I am interested in your "Y" steering setup. I have a 76 bronco. I am assuming the kit is just the parts listed and that I will have to measure/cut and have some one weld in the bungs. Also trying to get away from buying a $90 reamer for a one time use. Have you had success with the inserts?

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
I am interested in your "Y" steering setup. I have a 76 bronco. I am assuming the kit is just the parts listed and that I will have to measure/cut and have some one weld in the bungs. Also trying to get away from buying a $90 reamer for a one time use. Have you had success with the inserts?
It is for the kit unassembled.

The inserts work great, we have had no issues with them at all...

fmcpeters

Just wanted to say thanks. Ordered a setup, and got it installed, love it. Did have a few issues, not with your setup, just getting it installed the way I wanted it. I have the F100 box, and had to put the draglink on top of the pitman arm versus under to get it in line with the trac bar.

4lofun

Well I took my BRONCO out for its first time in 4WD and yup you know what happened!!!!!! drove home at 30 mph , stopping all the time due to toe-in and massive death wobble!!!!!!! aghhh the wife was scared.
Brothers truck has the chubby steering with no issues.. Mine will be ordered this week..

Dan's the man