• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Brocosbybama / lilbamaprincess on ebay (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
On another note. I would absolutely love to paint the grille to match the Bronco. Its definitively not "Grabber Orange" and for the life of me can't find a match. Anybody feel like spoofing a email to him and get a paint code? If I ask I will get a list of explicit's in all caps.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Heck I may have bought it anyway if he had listed what all was wrong with it. I know its 40 years old.

I might have done this too as I love working on cars. But I don't even have a garage and have no place to disassemble everything to fix it.

Its a case where someone is lying when its not even necessary. If this guy has really sold over 30 Broncos then he has a talent for locating them.

If he has sold over 30, then why is all his bronco selling fedback on ebay negative???

And he is actually not a bad Paint & Body guy.

True

Heck, he could be taking the time to do them right, getting praised on this forum for his work and make twice the profit. And probably not be afraid to answer his phone.

You know, I told him this in my last couple of emails. I said that if he was honest, and dealt with people maturely - he could come on here, get to know people, and probably sell twice as many broncos as he does. And I believe that. The people on here are great. Well, mostly.:p

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
On another note. I would absolutely love to paint the grille to match the Bronco. Its definitively not "Grabber Orange" and for the life of me can't find a match. Anybody feel like spoofing a email to him and get a paint code? If I ask I will get a list of explicit's in all caps.

You can take it to an automotive paint supply place and they can do a great job color matching it.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
If only I could drive it to the paint store! LOL.

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! I'm in the same boat! (sorry for laughing. I just know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

Had to repair some rust ("NO RUST OR ROT ON THIS VEHICLE!") but can't drive it. So, I took the spare tire latch and they matched it.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
I believe what you said makes complete sense but I just have to ask. Have any of these Bronco owners that have been abused by this Alabama seller actually banded together and compiled their information and went to the law?---or have they just complained about it. I'm on their side of the issue but let's see them do something about it other than type their frustrations.

When they do this and he get's busted and put out of business---that's really something to talk about.

We're in total agreement there brother! I've said in a couple posts, compile all the communications, get a qualified inspection by a reputable shop along with a list of needed repairs, list the items that were outright lies or not what was represented and then visit the authorities. That said, I think a couple of them have started that process. There's not a whole lot we can do here that will get their situations resolved except give advice and warn others.

I'm generally not mean but I am stubborn and if it was me I would find any way I could to make him pay. I'd be checking with the state to see how many vehicles you can sell without a dealers license and then turn the dogs on him from the "I've sold 30 Bronco's" comment. If nothing else you make him defend himself. As was said earlier, the IRS might be interested in some of his dealings. To me the biggest thing is that he shipped something across state lines for $$$ and did not send what he was paid for - that right there seems like mail fraud and it would only take one item on the vehicle that was mis-represented to prove fraud start that ball rolling and send him to visit the Butt Pirates.

Oh, there I go, getting all worked up...sorry, people like that just make me mad.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
That said, I think a couple of them have started that process. There's not a whole lot we can do here that will get their situations resolved except give advice and warn others.

Yes. That is happening.

I'm not pursuing it because I bought mine 5 years ago (although I'm still trying to fix all his crap just so I can drive it). I could have pursued it legally, but I figured I screwed up by not researching more so I bit the bullet and just started fixing it.

I'm only interested in making others aware and helping where I can. And, hopefully keeping someone from driving his latest monstrosity with it's death trap tie rod problems.

But, if numerous authorities go after him, I won't cry.

LTL4life

Loc.
The FROZEN TURDRA
After almost 20 yrs of evilbay being around you would think that there would be some way of weeding the burr's out their larger(car/truck/bike/boat) items....sad very sad that this happen's...And I feel it not just the Bronco folks,but I'm sure fourms of a certain type of vehicle would do the same....

I was on a Vintage MX site for yrs and there were several mis-leaders we had to weed out and warn others about(one was a large vendor on the west coast)...Just that sometime it takes the first couple that get burned and lash back that gets the ball rolin.....

I'm sure saddleup would still be on here if peeps just rolled over and several more that ain't gonna call out,but it's just that way.....

I agree with you, but after 20 years, Ebay still cant even control shill bidding
which is driving up the prices of vehicles.

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
The winning bidder of the latest lie by Dennis Burton has contacted me. Hopefully I have saved him from suffering the experience that we are going through.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
The winning bidder of the latest lie by Dennis Burton has contacted me. Hopefully I have saved him from suffering the experience that we are going through.

Hay don't let your guard down with this _____,he could put a shill bidder up to that and ......well just saying be careful;)

N747JB

Hay don't let your guard down with this _____,he could put a shill bidder up to that and ......well just saying be careful;)

Be VERY careful of what you say and type, make sure it's all factual, an alledged d-bag like might want to trap you into making slanderous statements. I doubt he's that sharp, but always be careful, especially when dealing with someone that you don't know, like the "buyer" of the red Bronco. ;)

graniteguy

Loc.
Kempner, TX
unlike the last one which had obvious lies, he is not hyping this one as much. Other than "oem" floors and fenders (does dennis carpenter qualify as oem?) what lies are posted?

He may have outsmarted everyone here. Maybe not with honesty cause problems are not spelled out, but with the lack of lies (duff lift kit, etc)

jerkbike

Broncos by Scum

So I was the bronco virgin that won bama's auction for the 68 bronco. Luckily, before I sent any money I got a bad feeling and contacted bbow who enlightened me about that guy. According to Ebay motors, the auction is non binding so I won't have trouble getting out of the transaction. I wish there was more that I could do to keep that guy from scamming another person. Thanks to you all and especially bbow for the heads up on that jerk.

jerkbike

Yep the only recourse for a non-payment is they get to give you a negative review. Not really a big deal as a buyer.

Actually, sellers are not able to give negative feedback, only neutral or positive. However, buyers (like myself) get to leave negative feedback for the seller, aka bama.

Bubbaluv

Loc.
Agoura Hills, CA
Welcome to the site Jerkbike. Looks like you dodged a bullet. Out of curiosity, what made you nervous? Was it something the seller said or did you see the negative feedback from bbow?

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Actually, sellers are not able to give negative feedback, only neutral or positive. However, buyers (like myself) get to leave negative feedback for the seller, aka bama.

Take a look at the for sale section of this site, a lot of quality builds from guys on here that love their trucks. Buying someones love and project is almost always a better way to go. Until the day they decide to sell it, they work on it like they are going to own it forever. Oh and welcome to the site and you owe bbow a beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.