• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NEW! DIY Bumper kit!

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
There are a few more items you could add but this will get it done ;)

R2126-full.jpg

This kit includes:
- 2" x 6" Receiver Hitch Tube ( p/n R2108)
- Spare Tire Spindle (p/n STIRES)
- Swing Out Tire Carrier Latch (p/n R2125
- Spare Tire Mounting Plate ( p/n STMP-LG)

This is a great starter kit we offer for building your rear swing out bumper.You will save a few dollars by purchasing this kit instead of purchasing them separately.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/R2126.html

Here are some of the other things you may want to add to the basic kit!

R1422-full.jpg
R1633-full.jpg

Or something for a rectangle style bumper...

R1773-full.jpg
R1773%2022.jpg

Or maybe you want to light up the trail ;)

AWSL072-SPT-K1-full.jpg

Whatever you are looking for, we can likely help :)

Last edited:

73 bronco 347

I am looking for the spindle and latch separately and I assume the spindle is greasable. Do you have them individually?

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
I do sell everything separately, follow the link below.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/BUMPER.html

The spindles are a dual tapered roller bearing assembly, with a lock nut to pre-load, and cotter pin to lock it in place. You grease the spindle bearings when installing, but there is not a zerk fitting to grease down the road. There is a top and bottom seal as well as a dust cap, and you shouldn't need to grease it regularly.

mini73

Do you have any pictures of the DIY bumper kit installed? I made a back bumper but have not found a spindle yet. How easy is the spindle to fab into the bumper? I want to do a spare tire swing mount. No spare on it right now and I want to also add the receiver.

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
mini73-

I will see if I can find some installed pics for you, they are pretty easy to incorporate into an existing bumper most of the time. the round stock is 1.5" OD solid bar, that is what you would be welding to your existing bumper. Then the part that actually spins is 2-1/4" OD DOM that you can easily weld square or round tube to that would actually support the tire itself.