• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford Super Duty hydroboost fitting question?

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
The hydroboost unit installed on my new Bronco appears to be leaking from the low pressure return hose. The leak appears to be coming from the small fitting on the hydroboost itself, is this replaceable does anyone happen to know exactly what I need to purchase? The inlet and high-pressure outlet hose fittings are fine.

Thanks

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I can't help you with brake question, but I'm dying to know how that baby runs? :)

Free bump too!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The hydroboost unit installed on my new Bronco appears to be leaking from the low pressure return hose. The leak appears to be coming from the small fitting on the hydroboost itself, is this replaceable does anyone happen to know exactly what I need to purchase? The inlet and high-pressure outlet hose fittings are fine.

Thanks

Yes, the fitting is removable/replaceable. If you remove it, you'll see that there's a small o-ring on the underside that might need replacing. You can probably find a replacement at a good hardware store.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
H

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Any idea of where I could find a new fitting? Mine seem to be home made with the 90 degree bend?

Only put a few miles on it, very happy!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
If I need something like that, I swing by one of the junkyards and help myself to one. However, I realize that's not a viable option for everyone. I did a quick search online but didn't find anything. If you can wait a week or two, I might be able to grab one for you.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
H

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Don't make a special trip but if you were anyone else has one lying around I'd be interested. Not much in the ways of junk yards unfortunately where I live. I'm going to try the O-ring seal first but this one looks like his maybe been modified some.

Attachments

• 20170522_081327.jpg
    20170522_081327.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 20170522_081107.jpg
    20170522_081107.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 151

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
That's definitely a joe hobo'd one for sure.

Do you want to stick with a 90 deg. unit like that or is a straight one ok?

Todd Z.

dukeflr

Loc.
Yuma
You could use this. Kind of overkill to AN the return, but it could solve your problems.

Attachments

• IMG_1153.jpg
    IMG_1153.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 64

72Sport

Bronco Guru
This is off of the earlier model Mustang with the Hydroboost. Not sure if the bolt size is the same. I cut the factory steel line and silver soldered a compression ferrule on the end to keep the hose from blowing off. You need something that allows you to clock fitting in any direction. This one has o'rings for seals.

The steel tube was much longer when it was in the Mustang so you will probably have to find one in a wrecking yard or send Todd shopping.

Dukeflr's fitting with a 90 degree AN elbow to 3/8 hose would be the easiest way to go.

Attachments

• IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Montoya

I'm a thread Pirate!

Does anyone (I know Todd Z knows) what size fitting the drain hose is on a metric (meaning 18mm and 16mm for pressure sides) 2002 SuperDuty HB unit? Is this one also metric or is it 5/16-24 as suggested?

I haven't taken mine out yet but I would like to put a 90 degree instead of the straight nipple currently and I'm stopping by Earls on my way home tonight.

Thanks,
Jon

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'm a thread Pirate!

Does anyone (I know Todd Z knows) what size fitting the drain hose is on a metric (meaning 18mm and 16mm for pressure sides) 2002 SuperDuty HB unit? Is this one also metric or is it 5/16-24 as suggested?

I haven't taken mine out yet but I would like to put a 90 degree instead of the straight nipple currently and I'm stopping by Earls on my way home tonight.

Thanks,
Jon

5/16-24. Cheapest place to get it on eBay from Sweet Performance.

Todd Z.