• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FAQ - Tapatalk forum app for your phone or iPad

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
A very BIG THANKS to JakeAlex for putting this FAQ together. See his great instructions below.

What is Tapatalk? - Tapatalk is a phone app made for viewing forums. It uses a very simplified skin, stripping out all the styles and graphics that you normally see when surfing from your computer. Currently it's available for iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry & Chrome.

Is there a cost? - It is a paid app and costs $2.99. You pay this to the app maker. I don't get any cut or commission. And I'm not endorsing the product. Just presenting it as an option.

Can't I just view the forums using my normal phone web browser? - Absolutely. Many people are totally fine viewing the forums with their normal phone web browser. The Tapatalk app just gives another option and many like it because the interface is cleaner.
Go here to get the app: http://tapatalk.com

Last edited:

JakeAlex

Loc.
New Albany, MS
These should be in order of how iPhone users will get set up using the Tapatalk Forum App. 1st pic shows how to find the app in the App store. Once you find and download it, open it up, select “Automotive”, then “Ford”…..

tapatalkhelp01.jpg
tapatalkhelp02.jpg
tapatalkhelp03.jpg

Then scroll down a few options and you will see the ClassicBroncos.com Icon to select. This will bring you to the first time log in screen shown in 2nd pic. After you have logged in one time it will add ClassicBroncos to your “history” icon which will let you log in with the click of a button as shown in the 3rd pic.
tapatalkhelp04.jpg
tapatalkhelp05.jpg
tapatalkhelp06.jpg

The next several pics are of different shots within the App. “Latest Posts”, “Main Forum”, “Search”
tapatalkhelp07.jpg
tapatalkhelp08.jpg
tapatalkhelp09.jpg

“More Options” , “Forum View” . If you want to reply to a quote, just touch and hold your finger over the part you want to quote and it will put the “quote” icon on the screen like in the 3rd pic below.
tapatalkhelp10.jpg
tapatalkhelp11.jpg
tapatalkhelp12.jpg

The next pic shows the quote as well as an “add image” icon that will allow you to add a picture in your reply. The 2nd pic shows that once you selected to add an image, it will let you add a picture from your camera or it will let you add a picture that you already have on your phone. 3rd picture shows that the image you selected has uploaded (top left of screen under cancel) but you will then have to select “start upload” before it will let you reply while adding that picture.
tapatalkhelp13.jpg
tapatalkhelp14.jpg
tapatalkhelp15.jpg

Lastly, this is how the new TapaTalk App Icon looks on your iPhone home screen (bottom right). It just doesn’t look as good as the ClassicBroncos.com Icon. :)
tapatalkhelp16.jpg

Hope this helps. By the way, this app has been working really well for me in non-3G areas. It takes a little getting use to if your use to using the normal Safari web layout but the ability to add pictures from my phone is well worth the $2.99 for the App in my opinion. Have a good one….

Last edited by a moderator:

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
There is a 'free' advertisement supported version.

They just released Tapatalk 4, it was .99 as an intro price, I believe it is 2.99 or 4.99 now.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
I can only use tapatalk pro when connected to Wi-Fi... normal browser still works. Not really happy about that.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Do you guys have these problems with Tapatalk on other forums? I would guess that this is an issue with the Tapatalk app because there are no settings I can change on my end. I install their plugin on my server and that's that.

I will check if I have the most current version. They update all the time and don't always tell me when they do.

brewchief

Tapatalk is no worky for me right now, hasn't worked last 3-4 days, just says connecting to server but never does. Other forums working fine.

nevermind, did an uninstall and reinstall and it works again

Last edited:

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I noticed the option to attach a photo via the "this forum" button is only available when making a new post and not when editing. The "Tapatalk hosted" button is the only available option when editing a post.

Thoughts?