• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Power Brake Booster

jckkys

Bronco Guru
That's a reproduction of the OE booster in '76-'77s. Some vendors sell a GM type. I like the OE duel diaphragm smaller diameter for better fitment.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
If you go with the stock eb booster it takes inner fender modification to fit on a non 76-77. I think early on bc was selling theirs with a mustang 2 booster to clear the fender. Now the no fender mod kits use the gm style.

OP
OP
gr8scott

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Steve, it already had that "mod" ;). So yesterday I replaced my old booster with the one in my OP. They were identical.
When I got my old conversion kit some 15 years ago, I wasn't really impressed. It gave some power assist, and I just
thought, well that's how these small boosters work. So I got the new one installed and holy crap! Waaaaaaay more
power assist! I have actual "power brakes" now!
Funny thing is, Napa had only one distribution center in the whole U.S. that had this booster in stock. And it was the DC in my area.

EDIT: speed bleeders are awesome! Pricey, but well worth it.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Of all the vac booster options, does the stock booster give the most assist or would I be better off grabbing a vendor replacement? My '77's booster is in need of replacement.