• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4BT kit

bigjhoov

nobody
Here's a few...

Results For:* *abilene * * * May 4*****Set of 4 89-93 100 hp cummins injectors for 4bt $400 (Brownwood) $400 (Brownwood) by owner

Results For:* *amarillo * * * Apr 27***4bt cummins $3000 (Amarillo) $3000 (Amarillo) by owner

Results For:* *austin * * *

Results For:* *beaumont * * *

Results For:* *brownsville * * *

Results For:* *collegestation * * *

Results For:* *corpuschristi * * *

Results For:* *dallas * * * May 13***Large 4bt / ISB 3.9 cummins aluminum intercooler aftercooler $80 (Lancaster) pic*map $80 (Lancaster) by owner
May 13***Cummins 4BT front cover gaskets 3914385 $20 (Lancaster) pic*map $20 (Lancaster) by owner
May 13***Cummins 4BT 6BT Fan Pulley 3914459 $50 (Lancaster) $50 (Lancaster) by owner
May 7*****cummins 4bt swap with th400 trans, runner hablo espanol $2850 (haltom city) pic*map $2850 by owner
May 2*****Cummins 4BT 3.9 gasket sets OEM GENUINE CUMMINS $250 (CAPE GIRARDEAU) pic $250 by owner
Apr 13***4bt cummins p7100 complete conversion $4200 (Paradise) $4200 (Paradise) by owner

Results For:* *elpaso * * * Found 0 Instances of 4bt

Results For:* *galveston * * *

Results For:* *houston * * * May 8*****wanted cummins 4bt rear sump pick up tube $1 (louisiana) $1 (louisiana) by owner

Results For:* *killeen * * *

Results For:* *laredo * * *

Results For:* *lubbock * * *

Results For:* *mcallen * * *

Results For:* *odessa * * *

Results For:* *sanantonio * * *

Results For:* *sanmarcos * * *

Results For:* *texarkana * * * Found 0 Instances of 4bt

Results For:* *easttexas * * *

Results For:* *victoriatx * * *

Results For:* *waco * * *

Results For:* *wichitafalls

rhino2104

Huh. I thought that I updated my location. Some of those are pretty good finds but I'm no longer in Texas. I wish that I had the extra money right now because I'd get my dad to check out the one in Haltom City. That's literally 10 minutes from them. Oh well. I'll find one when the time comes. I need to find a job first though.

RJGarza

Loc.
Karnes City
I found a 4BT, turbo 400 transmission and a twin stick divorce mounted NP205. Would this be a good combo to slap in my 66 bronco for a somewhat daily driver? I'm really considering this swap, just curious how deep I would be in the swap (money wise) aside from buying the motor/trans/tcase? Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks in advance.

COSCAG00

What starter does the BC kit use? Does the frame have to be notched or will the starter off of the 7.3 diesel work?

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
I found a 4BT, turbo 400 transmission and a twin stick divorce mounted NP205. Would this be a good combo to slap in my 66 bronco for a somewhat daily driver? I'm really considering this swap, just curious how deep I would be in the swap (money wise) aside from buying the motor/trans/tcase? Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks in advance.

Not really but it is a good start, the divorce NP205 is worth a little coin so you could sell that because there is no way you are getting a divorced T-case under a stock wheel base Bronco without some really bad drive shaft angles. The TH400 is one of the stoutest light truck transmissions out there, but it's not a great fit for a Bronco that will see any street time, Especially a diesel, that being said, what you do have there are two parts that net a pretty good penny when sold and a 4BT with all the Chevy adapters on it, which means you can get a 700r4 and bolt it up and either adapt it to a Dana 20 or find a non-divorced NP205 with the drop that you need. If it's a good deal then I would get it, the Chevy adapters give you far more possibilities. The Cummins and the adapters are the expensive part of the equation so look for a package of those that give you the configuration you want, if it does not have the exact transmission or t-case you want, don't worry those are far cheaper to swap around to get the set-up you want.

As you can see the cheapest Divorced NP205 on ebay right now is $450:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=divorced+NP205&_sop=15

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I don't appreciate the slam on my company Big Hoover.. I put out a superior product with impeccable cut quality. now that I've ben informed of this post id have to agree my design has ben ripped off. it wouldn't be the first time. Good thing my ducks are in a row.. I WILL WIN just like last time. a public forum is not the place for me to be discussing this personal matter I will be continuing it privately. you can count on that.

Liam
Owner Of LoCoFoMoCoRacing.com
First, I have never talked to you that I know of nor have I seen your kit or even heard of it so did not copy anything from you. As I am still developing my kit and do not want to be influenced by other designs maybe you can look at my parts and identify what you think I copied. Here or in private. And I may be able to change mine. I just noticed this post and it is 2 mo. old and I have not heard from you so please let me know about this as I want to move forward with my kit.

OP
OP
Cactus killer

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
I have talked to a few guys that have informed me about the LOCO FOMOCO kit in the last few months. The 1st guy liked the LOCO FOMOCO more because you could move the 4BT around any where on the frame so you could customize it for longer WB Broncos, were moding the firewall any way or installing the 6BT. Then this would be the best way to go.
The 2nd guy said he didn't want to do any measuring or welding and wanted a "as close to bolt in kit as he could" because he was doing a frame off and didn't have a 4BT yet so he didn't have any other option. Our kit is located by the steering box bolts (about the only thing we have found that is in the same place on all year Broncos) so it is 1 kit that you can bolt in or weld in-place, once located you can install without having to put the engine in and out and know it will fit.

2 Years ago a customer from Texas that lives in Rwanda (last 7 years) came by and saw we had a 4BT that we had for a completely different project and saw that it would fit he had to have it. Because he is used to Diesels where he now lives, wanted us to install one in his Bronco, he bought it new on ebay for 8k. We made these parts for the other project and figured if someone else wants one we should just get them into cad and make them as needed.
I hope their are no hard feelings, If so please let us know what we can do to make it right.

dao1980

Loc.
Chattanooga
That locomoco comment seemed more like a redneck spaz moment more than anything else... how embarrassing..

I bet he "ait skeeeerd".

COSCAG00

Jason,

Is this kit being sold? I called Monday to order it but the guy I talked with knew nothing about it, said he was going to check with you on it.

Thanks,

Fred

rhino2104

I too need to know if it is actually for sale. I'll be in the market for one in a few months.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
If someone buys this and has issues, will you lie to them, then ignore them, and refuse to refund their money like you do with parking brake cables?