• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
As a mid year Corvette fan and owner, I've seen the same thoughts expressed as new Vette generations get introduced over the years. LOTS of grumbling and many vowing to not purchase the next model. But at least the next model in general, gets improved. The last three gens, can't be beat for the money, beating many exotics three times the price. The next gen gets a mid engine, which will alienate some true fans, but it should widen the gap further in track times vs cost between it and the exotics. Hopefully Ford will move forward like that with the Bronco, but I doubt it.

So they finally gonna make the vette into what the Fiero could have been

My brother has an 88 GT with a Cadillac 4.9 V8

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
EB owners will never be happy with the new Bronco because it will never look like the original.

And, it can never be like the original. The 2020 Bronco has to meet all the safety standards and comfort level that society of today asks for.

All we know is that it will share the same platform as the new Ranger. We have a a couple of teaser pictures (covered bronco and the shadow behind the "baby bronco/crossover), but that's it. We know nothing and won't know anything until FORD officially releases a rendering or someone catches a possible "spy" shot of it driving around, under heavy camouflage.

But, we like to let our imaginations fly and wander. So, just ignore what I stated above.

Some of these guys are just too hard core and won't be happy unless it is an exact copy of the 66-77 Bronco lol. What you said about the safety standards is 100% right. All of Ford's classics have evolved to what they are today and nobody is complaining. The 2019 Mustang and F-150 are much better vehicles than their 1966 ancestors.

If it looks like Motor Trend's rendering then I will be happy. We will find out in January at the Detroit Auto Show.

Attachments

• 2020 Bronco.jpg
    2020 Bronco.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 259

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Everything that I've read or heard indicates that Ford is taking this seriously. They want to get this right. They know how huge this rerelease of the Bronco could be. The baby Bronco that we've seen is Ford's switch vehicle, a vehicle that will be sold to those who want the Bronco but cannot afford the price tag. Ford is anticipating that the Bronco will bring lots of customers to the dealerships and to already have their ducks in a row with the baby Bronco means they have put a lot of thought and planning into this release.

Jaxgtc

Like the Shadow

I have to say that the shadow of this one has me stoked. Like the lines, the height, and the hood scoop. Notice that little turn down on the front endge of the fender/hood - very nice. This is probably the longer version when compared to the tarped teaser that looked like a 2-door wheel base. The front bumper definitely looks like a separate piece and not an integrated plastic clip. If they have a nice grill, it will be a hit. I think FORD knows exactly what they are doing.
Don't be offended by that "baby bronco", there is a niche out there for something like that. I like that they are coming to market with lots of new product. I think my biggest problem will probably be choosing between the new Bronco and the new Explorer - what a problem to have!

Attachments

• Bronco Shaddow Snip.PNG
    Bronco Shaddow Snip.PNG
    173.1 KB · Views: 167

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
The only surprise left is the possibility of a half cab....but that would compete with the Ranger so prolly not,

Jaxgtc

The only surprise left is the possibility of a half cab....but that would compete with the Ranger so prolly not,

Now you're just teasing me in a cruel way.... We are rumored to have a removable top, why not one that is just a little shorter? Makes sense to me!

Jaxgtc

If Ford is going to go after the Jeep market, it probably would make sense to have something to compete with their anticipated scrambler remake - the Gladiator? I think a Bronco variant would be the perfect idea.
Removable top and some type of quick release bulkhead...hmmm.

Attachments

• Jeep PU.jpg
    Jeep PU.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 122

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If Ford is going to go after the Jeep market, it probably would make sense to have something to compete with their anticipated scrambler remake - the Gladiator? I think a Bronco variant would be the perfect idea.
Removable top and some type of quick release bulkhead...hmmm.

I saw one of these a couple weeks ago getting a road test - it happened to be on I-75 right in front of FCA world HQ - Not a bad looking rig.

Jaxgtc

I saw one of these a couple weeks ago getting a road test - it happened to be on I-75 right in front of FCA world HQ - Not a bad looking rig.

It is a really cool look. The Hummer did something similar a few years back. I know there is not much use for the truck bed, but the look is stud.

Bronco4x4

This Jeep Gladiator is official as of today. Ford better do good or these things will be all over the place.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ford better swing for the fence or Jeep will keep their spot as the premier offroad vehicle...

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I fear Ford has nothing for the Gladiator. The only negative thing I have heard about it is it is going to be super expensive. I have a few Jeep friends that wanted one really bad until they found out how much they are going to cost,

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Ford better swing for the fence or Jeep will keep their spot as the premier offroad vehicle...

They're already too late.
Even if they hit the market with an equivalent option, they've lost the buzz.

The under-seat lockable storage is a really nice move. Diesel option. Fully convertible. Ready to accept a 35" tire from the factory.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I fear Ford has nothing for the Gladiator. The only negative thing I have heard about it is it is going to be super expensive. I have a few Jeep friends that wanted one really bad until they found out how much they are going to cost,

I think Ford will position the new Ranger Raptor as the competition for the new Gladiator. If the new Bronco is a dud I might consider the little Raptor. The Ranger Raptor will be expensive too! LOL

Last edited:

No Hay

Bronco Guru
This Jeep Gladiator is official as of today. Ford better do good or these things will be all over the place.

Yep, just like the Wrangler and Rubicon.

If/when I get tired of the old, rough, loud Bronco ride, that's my next ride.