• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA WTB: 99-2002 4runner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedgar

Looking for 1999-2002 4runner. 4x4, elocker, leather

know anyone selling one?

Bradsp8

99-02 4Runners

Keep your eye out constantly because they are so popular they go fast. It took me 4 months to find two of them earlier this year. Many of them also have 200K+ miles, some even high 200's and one even had 300k on the odometer.

I found an '02 SR5 with leather and 155k and an '01 Limited with 140k. The '02 cost me $7500 and the '01 $8000. They are simply the best body style and most reliable 6 cylinder Toyota made, IMO. The '02 I hounded the owner for several months and he finally agreed to part with it but not easily as nobody wants to let these go. The '02 was listed on ebay, autotrader and craigslist and sat for a month due to the seller being unrealistic at $9500. Then he re-advertised at 9k, then 8.5k then I offered 8k and I think he was tired of showing it and agreed to my offer.

Ebay, autotrader, cargurus.com, autotempest.com, truecar.com, and your local Toyota dealers for recent trade ins.

OP
OP
dedgar

dedgar

Keep your eye out constantly because they are so popular they go fast. It took me 4 months to find two of them earlier this year. Many of them also have 200K+ miles, some even high 200's and one even had 300k on the odometer.

I found an '02 SR5 with leather and 155k and an '01 Limited with 140k. The '02 cost me $7500 and the '01 $8000. They are simply the best body style and most reliable 6 cylinder Toyota made, IMO. The '02 I hounded the owner for several months and he finally agreed to part with it but not easily as nobody wants to let these go. The '02 was listed on ebay, autotrader and craigslist and sat for a month due to the seller being unrealistic at $9500. Then he re-advertised at 9k, then 8.5k then I offered 8k and I think he was tired of showing it and agreed to my offer.

Ebay, autotrader, cargurus.com, autotempest.com, truecar.com, and your local Toyota dealers for recent trade ins.

thanks. I really love them. I want the SR5 because it has the chrome bumper. Seems like all the ones here in CA have 200K + These should last till about 350-400 shouldn't they?

Bradsp8

If you take care of them, change oil, timing belt, etc. they'll go 300k+. They'll nickel and dime you though with little things. But so does any car 15+ years old. The check engine light coming on is also a big irritation and it's usually related to exhaust emissions or gas filler neck.

ebay is a good place to set up a watch list of 99, 00, 01 and 02 and just watch to see what they sell for in your area or what buy it now prices are.

If you find a limited you could always switch out the bumpers for chrome.

OP
OP
dedgar

dedgar

If you take care of them, change oil, timing belt, etc. they'll go 300k+. They'll nickel and dime you though with little things. But so does any car 15+ years old. The check engine light coming on is also a big irritation and it's usually related to exhaust emissions or gas filler neck.

ebay is a good place to set up a watch list of 99, 00, 01 and 02 and just watch to see what they sell for in your area or what buy it now prices are.

If you find a limited you could always switch out the bumpers for chrome.

Thanks. I currently drive my 70 bronco and a 95 525i so I know all about old cars and the nickels they consume. lol

So Cal they seem more pricey than other places and they have more miles.

As to the limited I think they made them a bit wider so the stock chrome bumper won't fit.

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
I had a '99 yrs ago and loved it. They hold there value very well.
I just picked up a 2016 Limited off of a lease under wholesale value.
Even the newer ones (especially limited) are hard to come buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.