• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TN 1972 @ Copart (Rollover)

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
And the Insurance thinks it is worth only $7000.00 ?

Sad to see none the less...

Last edited:

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Isn't this the one a tree fell on? I couldn't find the thread.

komodo72

Loc.
Tennessee
Yup, that was mine... It definitely has an NP435 as well. They didn't even give me the option to buy it back.

OP
OP
1buckeyefan1

1buckeyefan1

Yup, that was mine... It definitely has an NP435 as well. They didn't even give me the option to buy it back.

Wow, that sucks. hopefully you can find a nice project and get back in!

I had a large Maple tree take out my newly restored Trailmanor camper and my low-mileage SportTrac a few years back in one fell swoop before my eyes. I had to negotiate hard to get a fair replacement value on the Trailmanor (to buy another used one), and they ended up welding in a new roof for the SportTrac. It never was the same and got traded in on a new F150

So the question is do you buy it back cheap? Sorry if I brought extra interest to the auction. I can delete this thread if you want :)

nickgp

Bronco Guru
In situations like this , I believe you have to tell the insurance company you want the option to buy it back.

komodo72

Loc.
Tennessee
I mentioned to the insurance company every time I spoke to them that I wanted to buy it back... Their reasons never made any sense. I called my agent on a regular basis and he could not provide me with a decent reason as to why I was not able to buy it back from them. This went on for about two months. I finally said screw it and let them "buy" it from me. In the end I chose the guaranteed money. I changed my mind too many times during my build process and had way too much money tied up in the bronco to justify spending even more just to straighten her up again. All I wanted was a capable trail rig that I could drive on the street whenever I wanted and I was "almost" there. I'd rather buy another bronco as painful as that is to say. The worst part is that I had not looked up the values of broncos in over a decade...lesson learned!

I have no desire to buy my bronco from copart so no worries. Unless I can get it to my house for 500$!

She needed body work before she was crushed and now needs twice as much. Frame is most likely not straight now. It's hard to say how bad without measuring because most of the body mounts are pushed up into the cab. I had not started her in two to three years. Engine definitely has a head gasket leak but seemed "fine" for the past 15 years other than running hot, hah! The only reason I have not driven my bronco is because I needed to finish some other things in my life and I thought that may motivate me...that did not work as intended.

If any one is interested just PM me and I can provide details and images. I've got receipts for a silly amount of parts and I wouldn't buy it back for more than 500$ if that means anything... we're talking transmission, gears, lockers, lift, axles, tires, etc. They could be shot or not I do not know.

I'm also searching for my next bronco so if you've got one for sale let me know!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I mentioned to the insurance company every time I spoke to them that I wanted to buy it back... Their reasons never made any sense. I called my agent on a regular basis and he could not provide me with a decent reason as to why I was not able to buy it back from them. This went on for about two months. I finally said screw it and let them "buy" it from me.

hate it when it turns out like that.. Kind of sh*tty....