• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can anyone identify this?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Picture??? Guess might be a vacuum canister. Another guess could be radiator overflow catch can. I'm sorry , no help here.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Never seen anything like that. Interesting looking though. :cool: Overflow on a 6cyl radiator was just a hose running down the drivers side and it flowed out onto the ground.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was thinking it looked like an oil reservoir, but while I've seen that type, I've never seen one on a Bronco I don't think.
On a tractor maybe? Could be a PO scavenged it for a custom "oil pressurizer thingy" for cold startups? Or it was for a hydraulic auger option (post hole digger) on the back, or hydraulic snow plow contraption on the front of a Bronco maybe.

The augers were usually at least partially PTO operated, correct? Maybe this was for the other part, and there was a PTO operated hydraulic pump?

Good thing to hunt down. Any chance or more pics blu?

Paul

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Engine pre-oiler? What's it hooked up to?

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pretty sure thats what it is. I pulled one off a '68 or so...let me see if I can find the pics. Had the decals and such , and was indeed a Marvel Mystery product

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just can't remember what truck mine came in on or what happened to it. But it had the decals etc. Put in box and gave back to customer I think it was a 68 sport, pretty original.