Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Classifieds > For Sale - 66-77 Broncos by members only

Old 10/12/17, 02:55 PM   #1
JAFO
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Doswell

My Gallery
Garage
1973 Bronco - Like new condition
City: Ashland
Price: $41,000

Life is what happens while you're making plans. Anyway, putting my Bronco up for sale. Everyone on this site knows what work was done to it. Everything was replaced or rebuilt. I completed the restoration around November 2015. Have driven it 16K miles since. Very fun to drive. Trust it to drive anywhere. I put a lot of blood and sweat into this build, as well as many hours and dollars.

Mostly stock. 3 spd. Rebuilt 302 with high volume oil pump. Mallory dizzy. Holley 4 bbl. 2.5" wild horses SL and 1" body lift. Complete power steering kit from Toms Bronco parts. Rebuilt engine. Chassis stripped and everything replaced. Front and rear completely overhauled. Posi rear. Loc-rite in the front (good for rock crawling I guess, but might want to remove it for snow). Heavy duty axles up front. Over sized diff cover on Dana 44 up front. Centech wiring harness. Stainless steel bolt kit. The 'Sherman tank' gas tank. Heater rebuilt. Actually too much stuff to list. I have a stack of receipts. Just know that every single piece of this truck was touched. Totally taken apart and lovingly put back together. It only gets out of the garage when the weather is good.

The only issue I have had since probably day one is a noise from maybe the throw out bearing. Hasn't bothered me enough to drop the transmission, but I will get that fixed before sale. I have a complete new clutch kit with flywheel and have a spare trans and transfer case. Whatever is wrong will be corrected. Just haven't wanted to stop driving long enough to investigate and it doesn't make the noise every time I push in the clutch.

I have hundreds of pics that document the build. You can look in my albums here at the pics that have been uploaded.

1973 Bronco, 3 on the tree, 302. 1977 Toyota FJ40.
JAFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/17, 03:38 PM   #2
1strodeo
Contributor

Centerville, OH
Garage
Always admired your rig JAFO, good luck and get another when life allows

Jeff

1966 LUBR, 170 3spd, 2.5" SL, 1" BL, 31x10.5x15 on steelies
1strodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/17, 03:50 PM   #3
bronco loco
It never ends

SONIC is on the road

Valley Stream L.I.

My Gallery
Garage
Good luck, the Bronco is worth every cent.

72 Sport uncut, 2.5 WH front coils 3.5 WH rear leaves pack
98 Explorer drivetrain
bronco loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/17, 04:00 PM   #4
Germd

Woodstock, GA
Garage
Gorgeous truck!��

1974 Bronco, 5.0 EFI, AOD.
"Old Yeller"
Germd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/17, 09:07 PM   #5
BajaFresh75
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Nashville

My Gallery
Nicely done. Tell me about the hub caps, some were dealer added.

If you can't afford a good one, you REALLY can't afford a bad one.
BajaFresh75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/17, 06:21 AM   #6
JAFO
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Doswell

My Gallery
Garage
Hub caps from Ebay. For a 70's to 80's Ford 4x4 pickup I think. I like this style better than the factory Bronco caps that hide the whole wheel and scratch up the wheel so badly. I almost bought a set of Bronco caps, then found these and liked them more. Just personal preference. Everyone building a Bronco has some picture in their mind. I have been thinking about adding the body trim, but don't really want to drill tons of holes into the body for the clips, so haven't done that.

Front windshield frame is new, new hinge, cowl replaced. No rust in this truck.
Some before pics. Body was sprayed with an epoxy primer before paint.

Old 10/13/17, 09:54 AM   #7
ep67bro
Bronco Junky

I used to have time!

EasternShore, MD

My Gallery
Garage
Wow sucks you have to sell it! Love that hard top! He is a good guy with a great truck! Good luck with the sale!

67, 289, NP-435, 3.5 lift,1"BL, 35s,custom bumpers, work always in progress. Wifes 73, 302, c4, 2,5" lift 33s driver,
ep67bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/17, 07:18 AM   #8
JAFO
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Doswell

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep67bro View Post
Wow sucks you have to sell it! Love that hard top! He is a good guy with a great truck! Good luck with the sale!
Appreciate the nice words. Thanks. Yes, very nice top. Have enjoyed it and was glad to get it. You did a great job on it. Allowed me to get the Bronco on the road quick. I had finished the Bronco, but not the top.

Don't have to sell the Bronco, but if I do sell it there is another project I want to start. I notice there is a glut of Broncos on the market now, so it will probably sit. I don't want to give it away. Have way too much time and money in it. Some people realize what it takes to build one and if they want to drive one right now, I have a nice one that fits the bill. If they want to build one themselves, one in the condition of mine would be years in the making and quite a few dollars, depending what they start with. Most Broncos out there are in pretty rough shape and it takes a lot of work to bring them back to reliable like new condition.

Old 10/16/17, 10:55 PM   #9
tirewater
Contributor

Orinda, CA
Garage
Wait a sec...I don't see your fj40 on ih8mud classifieds... :P Are you keeping that one?

1976 Ranger, AT/PS/PB
tirewater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:23 AM   #10
JAFO
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Doswell

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirewater View Post
Wait a sec...I don't see your fj40 on ih8mud classifieds... :P Are you keeping that one?
FJ40 is my daily driver. But I guess anything is for sale at the right price.

Old Today, 07:15 AM   #11
Fixer
Contributor

Burlington, NC

My Gallery
Garage
Is that the original paint color or was it blue?

1973 Midnight Blue Metallic Ranger
1974 Limestone Green Metallic Ranger
1975 Candy Apple Red Ranger
Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:32 AM   #12
JAFO
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Doswell

My Gallery
Garage
Thought I would take a stab at a list of work done-

Bronco was totally disassembled down to bare body and bare frame and then put back together with either new or rebuilt parts, depending on the condition of the part. If rebuilding put it back to like new, it was rebuilt. If it could not be made like new, it was replaced.

Rear completely rebuilt-
New 9" posi third member in the rear, new axles, bearings, seals, new brake cylinders, stainless steel brake lines throughout.

Front completely rebuilt-
Rebuilt the Dana 44 up front (complete ring and pinion kit, new bearings and seals). Loc-rite locker installed. stainless steel brake lines. Disc brake conversion. new ball joints. adjustable track bar. all new front steering components. New heavy duty front axles. New hubs, new locking hubs, bearings, etc.

Rebuilt 3 speed transmission. All seals replaced in transfer case. 4x4 works great.
split shifter levers in floor. New front driveshaft. All joints replaced in rear driveshaft.

Wild Horses 2.5" suspension lift including new springs, shocks, bushings, etc. Frame sand blasted. Internal frame coating applied. External frame painted with Eastwood's "chassis black".

Body completely redone with all rust completely removed, new body panels such as new window frame, stainless steel hinge, new door posts, etc. Body epoxy primed before paint. doors re-skinned. new hinges. Many new internal door parts. New window glass. New front windshield glass and seal. New stainless vent windows.

New wiring harness.

Heater assembly completely rebuilt. New heater core. New heater cut off valve in engine bay.

Rebuilt 302. Holley 4 bbl. Mallory ignition. Ceramic coated headers. Billet aluminum pulleys. New power steering kit. new radiator. New alternator. new motor mounts. new starter solenoid. new battery. new voltage regulator.

Power brakes, new brake booster, new master cylinder, proportioning valve. As noted earlier disc brake conversion.

New switches in dash. Dash sandblasted and painted. Everything works as new.

3 speed steering column totally rebuilt with new turn signal switch, new steering wheel, new horn button, etc.

Body assembled with the stainless steel bolt kit.

4 point roll cage installed.

New tailgate. New tail light lens both sides. New side markers.

The "Sherman Tank' gas tank. New OEM style gas line.

New chrome bumpers.
New visors. Visor hardware stainless steel.

Locking console between the seats that contains the AM/FM radio. Custom speaker panels on each side of the bed.

Old Today, 07:55 AM   #13
half cab
Contributor
equestrian patcher

ride like the wind bullseye

ms

My Gallery
Garage
Beautiful rig. Hope you get every penny ur asking for it.

76 SPORT 351W C4 PDB
half cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:56 AM   #14
romegadave
Contributor

rome ga
Garage
Hate to hear it Leslie.........always thought you were a stand up member always ready to give advice. I do hope you'll still be around on the site and I hope another Bronco comes your way one day. Glad to hear the 40 is staying with you for now. Good luck, Dave

Been warped by the rain driven by the snow...
romegadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:55 AM   #15
tirewater
Contributor

Orinda, CA
Garage
Hate to see you sell the Bronco. Glad you're keeping the LC.

I'll second what others are saying. You're one of the top few people in that you're willing to help others and go the extra mile to dig up obscure photos that must number in the thousands of your build. The Bronco community will miss you

Hopefully we can help sell your bronco via word of mouth.

1976 Ranger, AT/PS/PB
tirewater is online now   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Classifieds > For Sale - 66-77 Broncos by members only