• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Con!!

raleigh

Loc.
In the garage
A small group of us from Vegas went and ran the Con a couple weeks ago, didn't get many pics but it was an awesome weekend.
Happy to report the trail is not as easy as everyone said it was, although Little Sluice is basically filled in so that sucks.

At the Loon Lake sign
rubicon-7.jpg

rubicon-8.jpg

Heading down the slab
rubicon-9.jpg

Couple of random trail pics
rubicon-2.jpg

rubicon-1.jpg

Lunch break at Spider Lake
rubicon-6.jpg

The Soup Bowl
rubicon-3.jpg

The Bridge
rubicon-4.jpg

rubicon-5.jpg

After Cadillac Hill, stopped to take in the view of the Springs below
rubicon-10.jpg

We ran the trail in one day, about 14 hours on the trail including lunch and breaks. Next time we want to spend a night on the trail then head to Fordyce and spend a couple of days there.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
you didn't run into Spareparts? he was there around that time too.
it's on my bucket list

OP
OP
R

raleigh

Loc.
In the garage
you didn't run into Spareparts? he was there around that time too.
it's on my bucket list
I did actually, I ran with Dave, Steve and Jamey on Sunday morning for a few miles, awesome guys.
I had to turn around and head out since I had to go to work on Monday, would have like to spend more time on the trail with them that day.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I did actually, I ran with Dave, Steve and Jamey on Sunday morning for a few miles, awesome guys.
I had to turn around and head out since I had to go to work on Monday, would have like to spend more time on the trail with them that day.

well that's cool, hopefully when I get to go it will be with a couple others.
looks like a great time:cool:

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I would live to do this. The wife has a jku And i have my bronco. So we would prolly be two separate vehicles. We live a ross the country though. Woukd love to get together with a couple experienced bronco folks and hit the trail

OP
OP
R

raleigh

Loc.
In the garage
NorCal Broncos goes every year around this time, in fact there were up there just last weekend, so there you go!

Godwick

Loc.
Santa Barbara, CA
Awesome! Thanks for posting pics. I've actually never taken my bronco off road (or ever been on any off-roading trips except for mudding). The rig is about ready to take its maiden voyage (for me)!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Great shots.. Glad it went well and definitely looks fun..

A small group of us from Vegas went and ran the Con a couple weeks ago, didn't get many pics but it was an awesome weekend.
Happy to report the trail is not as easy as everyone said it was, although Little Sluice is basically filled in so that sucks.

At the Loon Lake sign
rubicon-7.jpg

rubicon-8.jpg

Heading down the slab
rubicon-9.jpg

Couple of random trail pics
rubicon-2.jpg

rubicon-1.jpg

Lunch break at Spider Lake
rubicon-6.jpg

The Soup Bowl
rubicon-3.jpg

The Bridge
rubicon-4.jpg

rubicon-5.jpg

After Cadillac Hill, stopped to take in the view of the Springs below
rubicon-10.jpg

We ran the trail in one day, about 14 hours on the trail including lunch and breaks. Next time we want to spend a night on the trail then head to Fordyce and spend a couple of days there.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Heck yeah... Always great putting faces to the names.. Good bunch of fellas right there too

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I plan to do this trail next year for my 50th birthday. Looks like you had a blast.

You have me scared now though. I see your rig looks very capable (more than mine) and you state it is not as easy as people make it sound. Did you have problems with obstacles? I have 35's with lockers....do you think I will be OK? Thanks!!

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
For a Dixie mud and hills guy, what would you say is the minimum rig requirements to run the Rubicon ? Talking estimate of lift, tires, steering, gears, etc. thanks.

OP
OP
R

raleigh

Loc.
In the garage
I plan to do this trail next year for my 50th birthday. Looks like you had a blast.

You have me scared now though. I see your rig looks very capable (more than mine) and you state it is not as easy as people make it sound. Did you have problems with obstacles? I have 35's with lockers....do you think I will be OK? Thanks!!

For a Dixie mud and hills guy, what would you say is the minimum rig requirements to run the Rubicon ? Talking estimate of lift, tires, steering, gears, etc. thanks.

35" tires and 2 lockers and you'll do just fine. I had no issues on the trail and hit every obstacle we found, no bypasses.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru

heck I will do it for my 49th;D

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Back when I worked at Chrysler & Jeep we had a customer buy a new CJ7 & HE TOOK IT to the Rubicon. He did put a rather large crease into the oil pan But other than that he had no issues. My wife didn't like him But he & I got along quite well.
. We both tried to top the others stories..
I'd love to take my Bronco out there on a trailer & see the sights.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Back when I worked at Chrysler & Jeep we had a customer buy a new CJ7 & HE TOOK IT to the Rubicon. He did put a rather large crease into the oil pan But other than that he had no issues. My wife didn't like him But he & I got along quite well.
. We both tried to top the others stories..
I'd love to take my Bronco out there on a trailer & see the sights.

a must have on the bucket list for sure....