• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ebay find

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I posted this in another thread, but I'm wondering about Gateway's financial status. Seems they are trying to sell this one out of their private collection along with several others on eBay. Also the sudden new tub idea comes along.

Desperate for income?

andyp

Contributor
i will wait and see what it does at BJ Auction before i comment. last registered means last sold?

It's going to be in the Gateway Display for sale I would assume. I don't believe it is going through the auction itself.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Gateway emailed me back about the extra pics......supposedly going to add them today as requested. We shall see.....

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Gateway emailed me back about the extra pics......supposedly going to add them today as requested. We shall see.....

Looks like they added a bunch but none of what you asked for :) and I can't get over the 80's dog dish hubs caps either.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I don't know.....I see pics of the engine compartment, under side, and interior just like I asked for. May not show everything, but definitely better than the original group of pics.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Got an email from the seller - December of 1976 build date, so no where near the 'end of the line' build. No idea who bought it in 2013 or how many owners since then either. Still supposed to post the MARTI report eventually.

To me, at least, it is a two owner (at best) Bronco - original dealer and current seller. At worst, there could be who knows how many other owners since 2013, making it an ordinary 1977 Bronco that looks original.

I made a comment in my return email to seller about the 'last Bronco sold' being a marketing gimmick, so I may not hear back from them again!!! Was trying to be honest, but not derogatory. After all, they are a used car dealer (they are not all bad by the way).

EDIT: They also sent me five or so additional pics not in the eBay ad. Anyone know how I could post them here??? They are attached to an email from the seller through eBay to me. I am a LUDDITE when it comes to technology, but willing to try.

EDIT II: I could possibly forward the email to someone who knows how to ad the pics here. Let e know if this would work or not.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
i beleive that by sayin "last registered" means that is was on an MSO (manufacturers statement of origin) until 2013. this is the paperwork the dealer sends to your DMV when you buy a new car to get a title. technically this particular bronco was new until 2013. lol
this would make it prolly the "last Registered". not that that makes it worth any more but it is not a gimmick either.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Crush: not trying to argue semantics, but I would say technically untitled, but not new - 42,000+ miles is not new in my mind.

Or did it get the 42,000+ miles after 2013???

Doesn't look anything special to me, but what do I really know????

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't know.....I see pics of the engine compartment, under side, and interior just like I asked for. May not show everything, but definitely better than the original group of pics.

Strange must have caught it when just a few had been added all of those weren't there but a few new ones were?:?

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Not sure, but 24 may be the maximum number of pics available on eBay. When they added the first group of requested pics from me, they deleted several of their original ones to keep it at 24.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It is a great looking old survivor but it does look like some rust has started in the inner fender areas.

Attachments

• gateway_LI.jpg
    gateway_LI.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 65

tirewater

Contributor
Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
It is a great looking old survivor but it does look like some rust has started in the inner fender areas.

Yeah, the rust in that location works inside out. I picked out some rust between the kick panel and inner apron on my truck, essentially the welds rusted apart. On mine, the kick panel is fine (enough) but the section of apron should be cut out and replaced/patched. I assume it's the same on that Bronco. Unfortunately, not much to do to prevent anything from happening at that stage.