• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FiTech Go Street 400 Install [& Working]

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I finally installed FiTech Go Street 400 and 23G Tank w/ in tank fuel pump. I've put about 30 miles on it so far and all seems to be going well. So far I'm drafting off of the FiTech self learning process and I haven't had to manually dial in any parameters. My only complaint, and its a small one, is that the wires for the controller plug into the top and makes it difficult / ugly to mount.

Last edited:

Bronco 4 life

Loc.
Yakima
Hope all goes well I have been reading all the threads where people are having trouble with theirs. I was looking at the same setup FI tech and 23 gallon tank for my Cleveland but I’m holding off to see if people are getting issues resolved and having better luck honestly I started looking at holly sniper another board member has it on a Cleveland we will see ... keep us updated on how it goes!!!!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just talked to a member of another forum the other day and looked at his '73 F250 2wd w/390 and the FiTech 600 + Power Adder (I think it's called?) and it runs fantastic.
But wow, he's gone the extra five miles and tuned in so many specific parameters manually that my head was spinning on what can be tweaked when needed.

Sounded like he opted for the Power Adder software so he could have a professional tune it on the dyno with a laptop if it ever came down to that.
So far he just hasn't taken that last step because he's very pleased with the results. I can't remember all the little setup steps he said he took, but it wasn't just a set-n-forget kind of install initially.

Paul

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
That won't be happening here :)

Just talked to a member of another forum the other day and looked at his '73 F250 2wd w/390 and the FiTech 600 + Power Adder (I think it's called?) and it runs fantastic.
But wow, he's gone the extra five miles and tuned in so many specific parameters manually that my head was spinning on what can be tweaked when needed.

Sounded like he opted for the Power Adder software so he could have a professional tune it on the dyno with a laptop if it ever came down to that.
So far he just hasn't taken that last step because he's very pleased with the results. I can't remember all the little setup steps he said he took, but it wasn't just a set-n-forget kind of install initially.

Paul

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BGBronco I figured you would go with a Holly set up because of your location.

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When I decide to go injection I'm thinking it will be Holly, but It's probably going to wait awhile for now.

pipeline010

all these fitech threads have me much more acceptable of my 2bbl autolite 2100. originally planned the 'upgrade' and last week returned the exhaust manifold I had picked up for the swap.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I finally installed FiTech Go Street 400 and 23G Tank w/ in tank fuel pump. I've put about 30 miles on it so far and all seems to be going well. So far I'm drafting off of the FiTech self learning process and I haven't had to manually dial in any parameters. My only complaint, and its a small one, is that the wires for the controller plug into the top and makes it difficult / ugly to mount.

Good to hear it's working out for you, I have the FiTech kit and love it,so far so good. I need to drive mine more so it can learn more, come on spring woohoo. ;)

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I really wasn't sure how the learning process was going to be. I've put about 150 miles on it and I can tell it is incrementally getting dialed in. The engine temperature has gone down so I'll probably need a higher temp thermostat at some point.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am told by Holley and FiTech that a 180' Thermostat is preferred to get the EFI working correctly. Less than 180' is too cold.

ChrisC74

I really wasn't sure how the learning process was going to be. I've put about 150 miles on it and I can tell it is incrementally getting dialed in. The engine temperature has gone down so I'll probably need a higher temp thermostat at some point.
Fitech temp sensor is known for reading 10 to 15 degrees low. Make sure your temp is correct before you make other changes. The Fitech FB pages lists the correct replacement part. Fixed me and others I know right up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You going to get it out today or tomorrow and let it learn what cold weather is?

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Fitech temp sensor is known for reading 10 to 15 degrees low. Make sure your temp is correct before you make other changes. The Fitech FB pages lists the correct replacement part. Fixed me and others I know right up.

Hey brother, could you give me the info on that replacement part? I'm not on Facebook or any other social media platforms, just this one. Thank you Jim ;)

ChrisC74

Hey brother, could you give me the info on that replacement part? I'm not on Facebook or any other social media platforms, just this one. Thank you Jim ;)
Yes sir. As soon as I get back on the computer tonight I will look it up and post it.