• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

B.C. Broncos charged my credit card 887.00. I didn't order anything?

PuenteMart

Loc.
Buckhead
A debit card is a DIRECT link to YOUR actual money. Why the hell would you broadcast that out over the internet??

Some people don't have CCs, or they have maxed them out. Debit card is their only option, other than sending a check, which can be just as dangerous.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
A debit card is a DIRECT link to YOUR actual money. Why the hell would you broadcast that out over the internet??

It has the exact same risk level as a credit card, it just hurts a little worse when a mistake is made. My Debit card is through VISA and has the same protections, lost/stolen, and dispute processes as their Credit Cards.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Mrs OM and I decided years ago that we wanted to be debt free. So (at the time) - we cut up our credit cards and paid them off. Then lived on nothing for years and paid off our mortgage. We owe nothing on our cars and are completely debt free. We do have a business Amex, a Visa we pay off every month and a debit card Visa that we use for basic purchases.

So if we have a CC problem, it's not a big deal.

Not sure if this is relevant or not.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Mrs OM and I decided years ago that we wanted to be debt free. So (at the time) - we cut up our credit cards and paid them off. Then lived on nothing for years and paid off our mortgage. We owe nothing on our cars and are completely debt free. We do have a business Amex, a Visa we pay off every month and a debit card Visa that we use for basic purchases.

So if we have a CC problem, it's not a big deal.

Not sure if this is relevant or not.

Being debt free is always relavant, and we're just a few short months from being there ourselves;D

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Some people don't have CCs, or they have maxed them out. Debit card is their only option, other than sending a check, which can be just as dangerous.

That does not make any sense. If you have money in your account, then you could make a credit card payment and then have room on the card to use.

Using a credit card to make internet purchases is WAY MORE safer than using your debit card. It is not YOUR money you are spending....if you have ever had a credit card issue...you must know that it is very easy to work out.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
It has the exact same risk level as a credit card, it just hurts a little worse when a mistake is made. My Debit card is through VISA and has the same protections, lost/stolen, and dispute processes as their Credit Cards.

Not true. It is not YOUR actual money that was lost and then you need to wait to recover it...while bills are due.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Not true. It is not YOUR actual money that was lost and then you need to wait to recover it...while bills are due.

100% true. It still gets refunded, in the long run I'm not out anything. I've been there and done that. That's why I said it just 'hurts a little more'.

It can have a huge impact when the money disappears. It's also why I'm setting up a 'spending account' that can't touch my normal bank account and only has a set number of funds.

I choose to not have CC's. I'm by no means debt free, but I have 0 high interest debt.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Chuck let me be clear in that I have not slammed you in anything I have written. I suggested it was a mistake. To answer your question my CC processing company provides an area for online purchases that allows the user to opt "in" to having a vendor keep their personal info on file for future orders. It is my understanding that without an agreement from the user to allow a vendor to keep the CC on file it is not allowed. I would suggest checking with your CC processor. If I'm wrong I'm sorry and I'm wrong. I encounter the same mistakes with shipping as we keep addresses on file with Fedex and UPS. Our guys typically scroll down and grab the first address with the clients name. This causes shipments to head to the wrong address at times. This too shall pass. But for a guy out that much real money, it's not just an unpaid CC charge.

I was not thinking you were slaming me, only that you had info that I did not.
Debbie is still looking into the card thing, when I get to the bottom of it I will pass the info along.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
100% true. It still gets refunded, in the long run I'm not out anything. I've been there and done that. That's why I said it just 'hurts a little more'.

It can have a huge impact when the money disappears. It's also why I'm setting up a 'spending account' that can't touch my normal bank account and only has a set number of funds.

I choose to not have CC's. I'm by no means debt free, but I have 0 high interest debt.

OK, maybe the RISK level is the same...but the consequences are MUCH better when using a credit card over a debit card.

Again, your actual money goes nowhere if your credit card gets charged or compromised.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Chuck I am not positive but I seem to remember something about it when the new CC regs rolled out a couple of years ago. I think you can keep them if a customer asks you to for convenience, but the default is supposed to be not to. Either way I know they are supposed to be encrypted to prevent theft and fraud. You may want to do a little checking around just to protect yourself. I know you had some issues with paypal and the CC industry is going the way of paypal "protect the consumer first". If somehow card numbers are stolen from your system or fraudulent orders are processed you end up on the hook for them.

Everywhere I order on line nowadays has a box you have to check in order to keep your card on file which I never do. Otherwise it is purged from their system once the charge is reconciled. It may be something you need to change in your back office and require some maintenance, but it is required and will save you any future issues.
The problem I had with PP is a customer ordered $800? worth of parts, we sent them, then PP decided there was Freud involved so took the money from my acct. The customer had no issue or complaint just PP. I was out the product and out the money for about 2 mos before PP grudgingly returned my money.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
There are what I consider 5 major parts suppliers that are EB specific, B.C. ,Toms, Graveyard, W.H., and Duffs. I am completely satisfied with each, Do they get it right 100% of the time? Most likely not, but for having a niche market I feel the complaints are few and far between.

Would love to see the daily complaints from just one Wal-Mart, would make all these complaints look petty.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
With the Matco franchise I am able to refund a cc immediately. No wait for it to post to the guys account. I get a person that wants to return a tool even after weeks after the purchase I am still able to post a credit to his account. My computer does keep credit information however not all of it. The security number is never kept.

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi,
Who was it that predicted this thread would hit 15 pages? Ridiculous! Wyflyer, so far you're 1/2 right but I'm posting to help your prediction along.

What was this thread about again?

Joking aside, B.C. Broncos, Chuck and his crew are awesome! Great products, excellent customer service, never any problems and always helpful.

Now if I could only save up for one of their....

:cool:

graniteguy

Loc.
Kempner, TX
Not keeping credit card info vs not approving the card to be saved for future transcactions is two different things.

If a stores computer goes down, out comes the carbon slide thing to imprint the card. That imprint has to be kept in case there are future claims where proof is needed. They can't shred it after I leave.

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
why would a guy take something like this to a public forum before first talking to the vendor? accomplishes absolutely nothing and makes no sense whatsoever.

crankman

why would a guy take something like this to a public forum before first talking to the vendor? accomplishes absolutely nothing and makes no sense whatsoever.

Was thinking the same thing myself pick up the old phone and communicate with people and solve problems. %)