• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Seat Heaters

VB67bronco

Loc.
Va Beach
I’m replacing the foam and seat covers in my 1967 Bronco.. I was thinking of installing seat warmers in the two front seats.. bottoms and backs.. anyone have any recommendations on a product?? Where have you installed the on/off button??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I'm in for the suggestions too. It was 20 degrees here Saturday and my butt froze to the plastic. You can buy the elements online they are pretty common but not cheap. Relay, some wiring and a switch (I would put it on the side of the seat to keep dash uncluttered).

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have ones from Amazon. I just picked the switch I liked. They work great. I actually put them in the rear as well.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Here's a link to my build thread from a while back (pg 20)... I just added Seat Heaters last month... wow... really nice, work great.

Here's the link to the product page: Rostra- http://www.rostra.com/comfortheat-automotive-seat-heater-by-rostra.php

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278607&highlight=seat+heaters&page=20 scroll about 1/2 way down #292

These were the highest rated ones I could find last year...a buddy owns an upholstery shop saw them and said the same thing...excellent quality.

I'm sure China has cheaper ones but how often do you want to do this...? :)

Wish I'd done this back in '99 when I didn't run a top at all for 12 years... it's a DD and I live in snow country where the snow blows in one door and out the other!

We are in snow like this about every 2-3 weeks this time of year!

Attachments

• 20181223_133400.jpg
    20181223_133400.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That looks like the kit I put in my work truck.

Complete kit with wiring, relays, fuses and connectors. The heaters work really well. High is hot and low is simmer.

Orig93gt

A guy I worked with used that Rostra setup in his wife’s Mini Cooper. He said it went in fairly easy and worked well. I’ve been looking at doing one as well.