• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Saginaw to F-150 power steering hoses?

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
Is there a pressure hose that will work by just getting it a local auto parts or do I need to have one made with the right fittings on it? Also for the return hose fitting to the F-150 box?

kwspony

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Roseville
I used a hose from napa. part # 7-1455 for the pressure hose. The return line is just a piece of hose. The only fitting you will need is on the gear box.

Brewbro21

type in that part number without the hyphen. Napa online doen't like hyphens.
I have done this install but a got a hydralic shop to fab me up some custom.

kwspony

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Roseville
I took that number off my napa reciept. Don't know why it won't work on their website. The hose is made by Continental Hose and their part number is 14505. These are the cross reference numbers on the box.

Continental Hose 14505
Edelman 71037
Everco 66404
Gates 35445
Omega 4093

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
broncobear22

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
Ok with those numbers I got this number #71488 out of three of those numbers this hose came up. Is this the specs of yours

Attributes:
Attributes: P/S Pressure Hose - OEM
Imperial Length: 28-1/2''
Type of Ends: Male Inverted x Ford Version 1
Thread Sizes: 1/2'' x 5/8''
Additional Contents: Hose
Type of Packaging: Boxed

also do you have any pics of yours? could you send them to me
wolfc_penick@yahoo.com