• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Here's Why the Ford Bronco has Doubled in Value in 5 years.*1969 Ford Bronco Review*

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Alex, bet your friend wishes you would get your feet off the door sill......and what brand of brakes?

Godwick

Loc.
Santa Barbara, CA
That bronco is legit. Would love to shave the doors on mine, but need my soft top functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I don't like the chopped windshield or the lack of exterior door handles but I love the look without the window frames.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
So you lift a truck....put on bigger tires....and then chop the top? id need googles to drive that thing! must be for 5 foot and under guys. whats with that bar up the middle he is gona smash his head on? holding up the windshiled.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I personally think values went up after Crazy Horse was built.

KeithKinPhx

Hard to watch that after watching the latest Icon Bronco release today. I may harsh here but that truck is a mess. Yellow paint in passenger front wheel well. Screwed on inner fenders (guess he didn't know a welder), hood missing, ghetto roll cage, etc. saving grace is a new paint job and new brakes. My guess is they fabled the doors rather than go thru the time, trouble and money to restore them.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
That yellow bronco was for sale in Central MI for over a year. If I remember correctly the original owner was only asking around $12k. I actually saw it driving around Mt Pleasant MI.

I think we can all thank Johnathon Ward for driving up the demand and prices of broncos. He set the bar we he first started building the high end ICON Broncos. And prices just keep going up. Right now there are at least (3) bronco builders around the country selling broncos in the $200k plus range. I don't see the demand slowing down anytime soon. If you own a bronco it's a great investment. Better than money in the bank.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Late 70s and 80s vehicles are starting to go up in price. The 78-79 Bronco. The early 70s and mid 80s Blazer. Internationals. FJs, etc, etc.

Plus, most millennials like vintage looks, but overhaul them with a lot of modern amenities. It's a great business.

KeithKinPhx

A very wealthy friend of my dad explained classic car pricing to me one day. It is a combination of demographics and economics. At the time of my visit to his house he had more than $4 million in classics in his garage which included a true Shelby Cobra, two Baracudas, a Sunbird and 12 others.

Men (sorry ladies) tend to fall in love with certain models of cars when they are in their teens and early 20s. When they get into their 50's and 60's they have enough disposable income to buy their "dream" car. Prices climb exponentially based on current economy and availability of vehicle.

Then the owners get into their 70's and 80's and pass on. Their kids inherit the "dream" but most don't want it. Vehicle comes back on market for a quick sale. Prices drop.

Witness the price of 56 Chevys and 57 Thunderbirds. They are off their highs. Soon all those 60's Mopar vehicles will drop in price. Will they go to zero? No they aren't making Barracudas any more. But the days of 20% a year price appreciation are over for sure.

Broncos are one of the few collectible 70's vehicles (Trans Ams being another) and prices are climbing. Next on deck IMHO are the fox body Mustangs, Toyota MR2, or unbelievable the Fairmont (apparently good hot rodders). Not many want to collect the Plymouth Sundance, Chrysler Minivan, or Taurus. We should be good for a few more years. But as you see more obituary notices here in the forums the prices will stop climbing. Sorry to be a downer on that point.