• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gauge cluster refurbishing

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
SteveB/kyaker,
Only thing I can think of is the wiring. What exactly is the mobility prob: can't push away from dash, is off dash but can't push down for retrevial, can't what...? It seems like U may B over concerened about abusing the wiring. 1st, lay on yer back, place a pen lght fashlght in yer mouth, keep hands off gage, place both hands together in prayer position, fingers aimed @ gage n spread the wires out, push the large thick sub-harness outta the way and drag it down toward yer face.

kayakersteve

Loc.
Western NY State
That's it!

Only thing I can think of is the wiring. What exactly is the mobility prob: can't push away from dash, is off dash but can't push down for retrevial, can't what...? It seems like U may B over concerened about abusing the wiring. 1st, lay on yer back, place a pen lght fashlght in yer mouth, keep hands off gage, place both hands together in prayer position, fingers aimed @ gage n spread the wires out, push the large thick sub-harness outta the way and drag it down toward yer face.

Worked like a charm - Thanks!

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
Way ta go Stevie Bay-bie! Lots of us R concerned bout 40 + yr old parts (me esp cuz I got zero, that's NO money, even if I skid up some logs n mill em - no lumber buyers w/this economy. C what dez new guys kin do). Then on top a it...wires, electricity ... wha,hun? Tell me if I'm assuming (the ol sayin: ass U me) here.

U will B quite satisfied with Kev's handi wrk...

Bed time for (this) bonzo...

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
29796574804_67540fe96d_h.jpg

29345762191_4d818da36a_h.jpg

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Here are the before and after pictures of John M's gauge cluster. For John I had a custom overlay made with a picture he selected.

I must say, that is some mighty fine work.. "and art too" of course ;)

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I must say, that is some mighty fine work.. "and art too" of course ;)

When John and I were brainstorming about what he wanted done to his gauge cluster he sent me a bunch of pictures of this girl. My wife caught me drooling over the pictures, I tried to explain that I was "working" but I don't think she bought that:p

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
Yeah, poor girl just can't seem to get up the energy to get outta bed.

Hey Kev, branching out? I C the dashboard components U rehabed. Nice...new direction or just been doin that a while too?

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, poor girl just can't seem to get up the energy to get outta bed.

Hey Kev, branching out? I C the dashboard components U rehabed. Nice...new direction or just been doin that a while too?

Actually it all started with refurbishing full interiors. From time to time I have people who need me to refurb more than just their gauges. I really enjoy doing it.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
Vareity is the spice of (my) life...
Know what an expirt is?
An ex is a has been and a spirt is water under pressure...
I believe I'm an expirt at beni a generalist. Know who won WWII ? Buncha american farmers - could do anything required (drive, fly, repair, cook in the jungle - & that's 1 guy - me very own pops!). Do some of this some of that n get by, happily.
;- }

muddog899

Kevin,

I got my gauge today very nice work I was only thinking you were going to put little brakets on the voltage gauge it was a nice surprise to see it jb welded in and i know you send a letter with your gauges when you send them back wasnt expecting that very nice touch.
i would say if you can have kevin work on your gauge, go for it. :D;D

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
thanks kevin so much for doing that. it look's so much better and works grate!

now if only my stinkin painless wiring harness would work i would be in grate shape. when i fix the harness's bug's ill post a pic of it in the car. ;D

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I just received my gauge cluster back from Kevin, he did an excellent job. I wanted something different and he far exceeded my expectations. I plan to have other gauge clusters I'll be using receive his magic touch as the time comes.

Thank you Kevin!!!!

John

kayakersteve

Loc.
Western NY State
Here's a good reference too -

Kevin did one for me already (shown in this thread as SteveB's). I just sent him another that he is going to really jazz up for me. His work is great, he's very responsive to emails and just plain does great work.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
John - more pic! more pic!
ALL, I must have MORE PIC !!!
(actually we all know he's good, it just the results of the wrk R way kowell. Don't even have 2 B bronks)